Austrian Wikiversity project

Erik Moeller-2
Apparently around since February:

http://wikiversity.at/

This means that, with http://de.wikiversity.org/ , there are now two
German-language "Wikiversity" projects. Perhaps they should be asked to
change their name, or we could change ours (*cough* Wikisophia *cough*).
Alternatively, the projects could be merged.

Erik

Re: Austrian Wikiversity project

Cormac Lawler

> Apparently around since February:
>
> http://wikiversity.at/
>
> This means that, with http://de.wikiversity.org/ , there are now two
> German-language "Wikiversity" projects. Perhaps they should be asked to
> change their name, or we could change ours (*cough* Wikisophia *cough*).
> Alternatively, the projects could be merged.
>
> Erik

Thanks Erik,

well, my preference would be to merge efforts if possible, but having
looked through their "all pages" -
http://wikiversity.at/MyWiki/index.php?title=Spezial:Allpages - it
seems that this site is specifically devoted to Universities in
Austria (I presume this is what "UniPortal" means), and so it seems to
overlap more with the University Node Wikicity -
http://universitywikinodewiki.wikicities.com/wiki/Main_Page . I had
thought that it was pretty big, but the allpages overstates it
somewhat - most of those pages are yet to be created (though they
aren't red links, hmmm).

On names - I haven't seen much enthusiasm for any name other than
"Wikiversity" - for whatever reason. I understand the concern about
limiting the scope of the project to "university-like" activity - but
we should simply make it clear that we are about *all* levels of
education (as this is pretty much the consensus). Otherwise, we could
rehash the discussion on the name here or on-wiki, but I'm not
convinced it'll be very productive.

(If you're sensing urgency here, it's because there is - I'm currently
trying to give the proposal the final push - more on which later.)

Cormac

Re: Austrian Wikiversity project

Michael R. Irwin
Erik Moeller wrote:

>Apparently around since February:
>
>http://wikiversity.at/
>
>This means that, with http://de.wikiversity.org/ , there are now two
>German-language "Wikiversity" projects. Perhaps they should be asked to
>change their name, or we could change ours (*cough* Wikisophia *cough*).
>Alternatively, the projects could be merged.
>
>Erik

Erik, you free information voter registration spamming volatile
barbarian radical/paleoliberal you,

If this were not a troll then why would the "Foreign Information For
Illegal Alien Students" link
(http://wikiversity.at/MyWiki/index.php?title=Kategorie:Information_for_foreign_students)
on the front page be in English instead of Russian or Ancient Mayan to
take advantage of the soon to be released Lethal Weapon 42 collaboration
between Canadian and Australian conspirators bent on stealing
Hollywood's golden geese plantations?

One of these days I am going to start advocating that others ignore
anonymously owned sites unwilling to even to fake affidavits of non
association with the evil associates who are unduly influencing the
Wikimedia Foundation.  Obviously this will require some participation at
the offending sites ... inevitably leaving dribbles of valuable top
secret proprietary thoughts virally released to the world.

A terrible dillemma ... at times like this I ask myself ... what would
bad copy screecher do at a time like this?  Since he is my arch rival
and an agent of Satan, I have only to flip the bozo bit and proceed in
an appropriately complex direction partially tangential to zero.  He
advises ignoring trolls!  Therefore I do not! Excellent! Vorticity check
confirms viable congruence with personal inclination previously proven
in transparent play pens.  The word is given.

Go! Away! Back! Somewhere! Here! There! Where! When! Sooner! Later! i^2
Origin, Uno, Bi, Hex, Pluto, iq^3, Boom!  Very funny.  Soon. Enough.

Wikinews Australian Portal Promotion

Nathan Carter
Hi all,
A fellow contributor to Wikinews has come up with an idea to promote
Wikinews' Australian Portal using pamphlets. These pamphlets refer to
Wikinews Australia and use a Wikinews Australia logo (adapted from the
Wikinews official logo). What I am curious of is does this need board
permission as it essentially is using a trademark owned by the foundation.
I have attached his proposed pamphlet.
Cheers,
Nathan Carter.

Re: Austrian Wikiversity project

SJ-5

It occurs to me that BJAODN will one day eclipse the encyclopedia
in size and popularity.