Automatic inclusion of user name and timestamp in talk pages

Automatic inclusion of user name and timestamp in talk pages

Robert P. Biuk-Aghai
Hi,

I would like to automatically include user signatures (name and
timestamp) in talk pages, regardless of whether the user entered the
--~~~~ code at the end of their message. How can I do this in MediaWiki
1.5.5?

Robert.

Re: Automatic inclusion of user name and timestamp in talk pages

Thomas R. Koll

Am 12.01.2006 um 10:40 schrieb Robert P. Biuk-Aghai:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to automatically include user signatures (name and
> timestamp) in talk pages, regardless of whether the user entered
> the --~~~~ code at the end of their message. How can I do this in
> MediaWiki 1.5.5?

No good idea, what if someone responses to a topic at the top?
Of course you could use the diff to sig every paragraph that changed
but if someone only corrects a link?

ciao, tom

--
http://www.tomk32.de - just a geek trying to change the world
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benutzer:TomK32

Re: Automatic inclusion of user name and timestamp in talk pages

Rob Church
You can't.

Rob Church

On 12/01/06, Robert P. Biuk-Aghai <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to automatically include user signatures (name and
> timestamp) in talk pages, regardless of whether the user entered the
> --~~~~ code at the end of their message. How can I do this in MediaWiki
> 1.5.5?
>
> Robert.

Re: Automatic inclusion of user name and timestamp in talk pages

Robert P. Biuk-Aghai
Hmm, I take it that you mean I can't in any easy way, except by
programming it myself.

Actually, what I really want to have as the talk page is something
like a simple threaded discussion tool with statements and replies to
specific statements. I don't remember seeing an extension that does
that. Or is there?

Robert.