[BREAKING CHANGE] IE 8 will go JavaScript-less starting January 2016

Re: [BREAKING CHANGE] IE 8 will go JavaScript-less starting January 2016

Jon Robson
On 17 Nov 2015 12:28 a.m., "Brad Jorsch (Anomie)" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 15, 2015 at 4:47 AM, Jon Robson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Why not? Whats wrong with a fixed width centered site?
>

>  Because reading
> text like this
> is really annoying
> when you have
> gigantic amounts
> of wasted
> whitespace on
> either side.
> (And it's even
> worse if someone
> decides that
> contrast is bad
> too...)

If you're annoyed by this yoh should probably upgrade your browser to one
that support media queries.

Wikipedia is not that special that it cant follow the various examples on
the web, meet its mission by ensuring older browsers can tender our content
and focus its energy on the majority of our development time on the people
who can upgrade their browsers....

If this point is lost on everyone I give up.