Backstage Pass, Black Country Living Musuem, 18 Feb

Backstage Pass, Black Country Living Musuem, 18 Feb

Andy Mabbett-2
Hi folks,

I have been provided with some information about a backstage pass
event at the Black Country Living Museum, a week on Saturday:

   http://westmidlandsmdo.wordpress.com/2012/02/06/calling-wiki-editors/

Please note that I am not organising this event, though I shall attend
and have been asked to speak at it; any queres should be addressed to
the named contact, at the museum.

Given the short lead-time, what's the best method of publicising this, on-wiki?

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing

Re: Backstage Pass, Black Country Living Musuem, 18 Feb

Lodewijk
Hi Andy,

too bad this seems to be conflicting with the Wiki Loves Monuments brainstorm in London at the same day (I hope you still plan to attend :) )! If it were a day later, I might have considered it though, being in the country anyway.

Lodewijk

No dia 7 de Fevereiro de 2012 13:19, Andy Mabbett <[hidden email]> escreveu:
Hi folks,

I have been provided with some information about a backstage pass
event at the Black Country Living Museum, a week on Saturday:

  http://westmidlandsmdo.wordpress.com/2012/02/06/calling-wiki-editors/

Please note that I am not organising this event, though I shall attend
and have been asked to speak at it; any queres should be addressed to
the named contact, at the museum.

Given the short lead-time, what's the best method of publicising this, on-wiki?

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing
http://pigsonthewing.org.uk

Re: Backstage Pass, Black Country Living Musuem, 18 Feb

geni
On 7 February 2012 12:19, Andy Mabbett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have been provided with some information about a backstage pass
> event at the Black Country Living Museum, a week on Saturday:
>
>   http://westmidlandsmdo.wordpress.com/2012/02/06/calling-wiki-editors/
>
> Please note that I am not organising this event, though I shall attend
> and have been asked to speak at it; any queres should be addressed to
> the named contact, at the museum.
>
> Given the short lead-time, what's the best method of publicising this, on-wiki?

Watch-list notice?

--
geni

Re: Backstage Pass, Black Country Living Musuem, 18 Feb

geni
On 7 February 2012 12:19, Andy Mabbett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have been provided with some information about a backstage pass
> event at the Black Country Living Museum, a week on Saturday:
>
>   http://westmidlandsmdo.wordpress.com/2012/02/06/calling-wiki-editors/
>
> Please note that I am not organising this event, though I shall attend
> and have been asked to speak at it; any queres should be addressed to
> the named contact, at the museum.
>
> Given the short lead-time, what's the best method of publicising this, on-wiki?

Have we got reasonable numbers or is it worth me poking a few people
via talk pages?

--
geni

Re: Backstage Pass, Black Country Living Musuem, 18 Feb

HJ Mitchell
I did put a Geonotice up, FWIW. It does clash with the Wiki Loves Monuments meeting, which is unfortunate.

Harry

On 7 February 2012 12:19, Andy Mabbett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have been provided with some information about a backstage pass
> event at the Black Country Living Museum, a week on Saturday:
>
>   http://westmidlandsmdo.wordpress.com/2012/02/06/calling-wiki-editors/
>
> Please note that I am not organising this event, though I shall attend
> and have been asked to speak at it; any queres should be addressed to
> the named contact, at the museum.
>
> Given the short lead-time, what's the best method of publicising this, on-wiki?

Have we got reasonable numbers or is it worth me poking a few people
via talk pages?

--
geni

Re: Backstage Pass, Black Country Living Musuem, 18 Feb

Roger Bamkin
Ive been persuaded to go to this event. I think this will work out well as I'm keen to see a fresh look at WLM which you guys should be able to find. Fae will be there to represent the board and I know James F will also be there.

On 17 February 2012 12:31, HJ Mitchell <[hidden email]> wrote:
I did put a Geonotice up, FWIW. It does clash with the Wiki Loves Monuments meeting, which is unfortunate.

Harry

On 7 February 2012 12:19, Andy Mabbett <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have been provided with some information about a backstage pass
> event at the Black Country Living Museum, a week on Saturday:
>
>   http://westmidlandsmdo.wordpress.com/2012/02/06/calling-wiki-editors/
>
> Please note that I am not organising this event, though I shall attend
> and have been asked to speak at it; any queres should be addressed to
> the named contact, at the museum.
>
> Given the short lead-time, what's the best method of publicising this, on-wiki?

Have we got reasonable numbers or is it worth me poking a few people
via talk pages?

--
geni

Roger Bamkin
01332 702993
0758 2020815
Google+:Victuallers
Skype:Victuallers1
Flickr:Victuallers2

On 17 February 2012 12:21, geni <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 7 February 2012 12:19, Andy Mabbett <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I have been provided with some information about a backstage pass
>> event at the Black Country Living Museum, a week on Saturday:
>>
>>   http://westmidlandsmdo.wordpress.com/2012/02/06/calling-wiki-editors/
>>
>> Please note that I am not organising this event, though I shall attend
>> and have been asked to speak at it; any queres should be addressed to
>> the named contact, at the museum.
>>
>> Given the short lead-time, what's the best method of publicising this, on-wiki?
>
> Have we got reasonable numbers or is it worth me poking a few people
> via talk pages?

I haven't heard; but then again they haven't cancelled, which they
said they would do if bookings were insufficient.

Thanks, though.

 --
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing
http://pigsonthewing.org.uk

Re: Backstage Pass, Black Country Living Musuem, 18 Feb

James Forrester-5
On 17 February 2012 17:58, Roger Bamkin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Ive been persuaded to go to this event. I think this will work out well as
> I'm keen to see a fresh look at WLM which you guys should be able to find.
> Fae will be there to represent the board and I know James F will also be
> there.

Much as Roger's wording is very kind, I should just point out that I'm
no one special, just another volunteer. :-)

J.
--
James D. Forrester
[hidden email] | [hidden email]

Fw: Backstage Pass, Black Country Living Musuem, 18 Feb

HJ Mitchell
(woops, cut off from the list somehow!)

I guess it's "my" event, in the sense that I organised it, but that really means very little - I'm just helping to facilitate the discussion of Wiki Loves Monuments.

Harry

On 17 February 2012 17:58, Roger Bamkin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Ive been persuaded to go to this event. I think this will work out well as
> I'm keen to see a fresh look at WLM which you guys should be able to find.
> Fae will be there to represent the board and I know James F will also be
> there.

Much as Roger's wording is very kind, I should just point out that I'm
no one special, just another volunteer. :-)

J.
--
James D. Forrester
[hidden email] | [hidden email]
[[Wikipedia:User:Jdforrester|James F.]]

Re: Fw: Backstage Pass, Black Country Living Musuem, 18 Feb

Roger Bamkin
Its nothing personal. Its my need to see my wife who will go to a backstage pass .. and actually JamesF is quite special, as is Harry, and Fae and John and Jon.
You will meet John Cummings which I must say is where my enthusiasm lies at the moment. I just want to add a QR code to everything!

If you are still here Sunday then come to Coventry with James and Harry

cheers

On 17 February 2012 22:44, HJ Mitchell <[hidden email]> wrote:
(woops, cut off from the list somehow!)

I guess it's "my" event, in the sense that I organised it, but that really means very little - I'm just helping to facilitate the discussion of Wiki Loves Monuments.

Harry

On 17 February 2012 17:58, Roger Bamkin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Ive been persuaded to go to this event. I think this will work out well as
> I'm keen to see a fresh look at WLM which you guys should be able to find.
> Fae will be there to represent the board and I know James F will also be
> there.

Much as Roger's wording is very kind, I should just point out that I'm
no one special, just another volunteer. :-)

J.
--
James D. Forrester
[hidden email] | [hidden email]
[[Wikipedia:User:Jdforrester|James F.]]

Roger Bamkin
01332 702993
0758 2020815
Google+:Victuallers
Skype:Victuallers1
Flickr:Victuallers2

Re: Fw: Backstage Pass, Black Country Living Musuem, 18 Feb

HJ Mitchell
<shameless plug>Yes, come to Coventry! http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Meetup/Coventry/1 - first-ever Coventry meetup. In the Litten Tree. Sunday, 13:00. :) </shamelss plug>

Harry