Bangalore Wikimeetup 30 with Hisham Mundol on 25 Feb 2011

Bangalore Wikimeetup 30 with Hisham Mundol on 25 Feb 2011

CherianTinu Abraham
Hi,
            Hisham Mundol was recently hired [1] as an consultant to the
Wikimedia Foundation to support the program initiatives in India.
Hisham Mundol will be primarily based in India and will be working closely
with the Wikimedian community in India.

Hisham Mundol is coming to Bangalore to connect with the Wikimedian
community in Bangalore.

Date : *Friday, 25-Feb-2011 6:30 PM IST *
Venue:
The Centre for Internet and Society
No. 194, 2nd 'C' Cross,
4th Main
Domlur 2nd Stage
Opposite to Domlur Club
Bangalore 560 071
Karnataka

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/Bangalore/Bangalore30

Do plan to attend and kindly sign up.

About Hisham Mundol :

*Hisham Mundol's  role will be to design and implement specific pilot
programs that encourage many more Indians to become contributors to our
projects in Indic languages as well as English. The National Programs
initiative will focus on the following areas in the first year:*
*Design and implement an India-wide program to increase Wikimedia’s
footprint on university and college campuses with students and faculty with
the aim of encouraging contributions to Wikimedia projects*
*Support the launch and implementation of community-initiated programs that
seek to increase the editor base for Wikimedia projects*
*Engage with the community and chapter to build a strong relationship among
these stakeholder groups and create communications forums that allow for
effective partnerships*
*As a newcomer to the Wikimedia movement, Hisham’s first task will be to
deepen his understanding of us: our history, goals, values, culture and
mission. *
*
*
*Hisham was most recently a consultant with the Public Health Foundation of
India (in a partnership with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation). He
designed and implemented large-scale national  programs on HIV/AIDS
prevention. He worked to understand the dynamics of hard-to-reach
communities by conducting in-depth, on-the-ground analysis (ask him to tell
you about his experience talking to drivers while sitting under their
trucks).  The programs he designed and implemented sought to convince people
in large numbers - 400 million young people across the nation - to change
very personal behaviours.  While we are not tackling issues of such an
intimate nature, we do aim to convince large numbers of people across the
country to contribute their personal time to Wikimedia projects.  During
this assignment, Hisham worked closely with public, private and community
groups (local and international) to work through the details of the programs
and build partnerships for implementing them at scale. He did so in a manner
that used persuasion rather than power to build support to move things
forward.  We think his experience navigating these varied groups position
him well to work in the Wikimedia community. His earlier career was in
marketing and business development with a number of well-known businesses:
Infosys, Accenture, Cadbury and Unilever. This experience positions him well
to engage with a movement and organization that is global in nature, in
particular to work with a team that is based halfway around the world. *
( Introduction by Barry Newstead , GCDO , Wikimedia Foundation) [1]

Regards
Tinu Cherian

[1]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimediaindia-l/2011-February/002239.html

[2]
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/FAQ_Consultancy_for_National_Programs,_India

Re: Bangalore Wikimeetup 30 with Hisham Mundol on 25 Feb 2011

CherianTinu Abraham
Just a gentle reminder. This is happening today at 6:30 PM at CIS,
Bangalore.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:MBL30

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:MBL30>Do plan to attend.