Batch addition of files to wiki site?

Ken McDonald-2
I have a bunch of Moin files I've converted to MW format. Is there any
convenient way to batch upload them to our MW site? We have full access
to the site, so we don't need an external "page-pusher" (i.e. spammer
script :-) ), if we can simply get something that would take pages from
an internal directory and put them into the wiki.

Thanks
Ken

Re: Batch addition of files to wiki site?

Todd Pederzani
On 5/14/06, Ken McDonald <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have a bunch of Moin files I've converted to MW format. Is there any
> convenient way to batch upload them to our MW site? We have full access
> to the site, so we don't need an external "page-pusher" (i.e. spammer
> script :-) ), if we can simply get something that would take pages from
> an internal directory and put them into the wiki.

I haven't used it myself, but I think common practice on this list has been
to recommend use of the Python bot.  I see it has both an upload.py module
(for the images you mentioned in an earlier post) and a pagefromfile.py[1]
module.  I suspect you can use these or adapt them to your purpose, though
the latter will need some adaptation (or you'll need to create one giant
file from your separate files).

[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Using_the_python_wikipediabot

--
Todd Pederzani

Re: Batch addition of files to wiki site?

luixv
I didn't try it. May be it is what are you needing.

Luis

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki_Bulk_Page_Creator

On 5/14/06, Ken McDonald <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have a bunch of Moin files I've converted to MW format. Is there any
> convenient way to batch upload them to our MW site? We have full access
> to the site, so we don't need an external "page-pusher" (i.e. spammer
> script :-) ), if we can simply get something that would take pages from
> an internal directory and put them into the wiki.
>
> Thanks
> Ken

Re: Batch addition of files to wiki site?

Rob Church
On 14/05/06, Ken McDonald <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have a bunch of Moin files I've converted to MW format. Is there any
> convenient way to batch upload them to our MW site? We have full access
> to the site, so we don't need an external "page-pusher" (i.e. spammer
> script :-) ), if we can simply get something that would take pages from
> an internal directory and put them into the wiki.

I'm lashing out and writing an image importer script for MediaWiki.
This will be checked into Subversion trunk, but should work fine with
older versions (1.6 without much doubt, and 1.5 is probably safe too),
so you can nab that when it's done.

It's been requested for far too long without being done. :)

Rob Church

Re: Batch addition of files to wiki site?

Bugzilla from sy1234@gmail.com
On 5/15/06, Rob Church <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm lashing out and writing an image importer script for MediaWiki.
> This will be checked into Subversion trunk, but should work fine with
> older versions (1.6 without much doubt, and 1.5 is probably safe too),
> so you can nab that when it's done.
>
> It's been requested for far too long without being done. :)

Gallery has some awesome image uploading functionality.. being able to
upload an archive full of pictures has been a great experience.