Batter maps in Wikistats2 and new metric: Legacy Pageviews (a.k.a Pagecounts)

Batter maps in Wikistats2 and new metric: Legacy Pageviews (a.k.a Pagecounts)

Nuria Ruiz
Hello!

Just  a brief note to announce that we have two new things in wikistats
this quarter. We have reviewed maps by popular demand to give more precise
pageviews per country.

Check, for example, pageviews for portuguese wikipedia on the world for
last month:

https://stats.wikimedia.org/v2/#/pt.wikipedia.org/reading/page-views-by-country/normal|map|2-Year~2016060100~2018071100|~total

Also, we have included legacy pageviews to the UI, we used to call these
page-counts and prior to June 2015 this is the metric that we reported as
pageviews for all wikimedia sites.

Info about metric:
https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Analytics/Archive/Data/Pagecounts-raw

See, for example, pagecounts for portuguese wikipedia from 2008 to 2016.
https://stats.wikimedia.org/v2/#/pt.wikipedia.org/reading/legacy-page-views/normal|bar|All~1980010100~2018071100|~total

Also, all urls are now bookmarkable.

As always suggestions welcome, please file bug reports on phabricator.

Thanks,

Nuria

Re: Batter maps in Wikistats2 and new metric: Legacy Pageviews (a.k.a Pagecounts)

Victoria Coleman
Very nice work Nuria!

Victoria