Because visualizations are cool

Pine W
These resources may give ideas to people who create project proposals or
any of several kinds of reports.

http://www.datavizcatalogue.com/index.html

http://survey.timeviz.net/

Have fun exploring,

Pine

P.S. In the multimedia domain, I'd like to have the ability to add
interactive visualizations to Wikipedia and its sister projects. For
example, imagine how engaging it would be to have interactive phylogenetic
trees that allow the user to zoom in and out and see images of species.

Re: Because visualizations are cool

Quim Gil-2

Related? https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Yurik/I_Dream_of_Content

--
Quim Gil
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Qgil

Re: Because visualizations are cool

P. Josepherum
Are you aware of the capabilities of Semantic MediaWiki? It along with
Semantic Result Formats can produce some wonderfully interactive graphs.

On Wed, 25 Nov 2015 11:54 Quim Gil <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 9:07 AM, Pine W <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > P.S. In the multimedia domain, I'd like to have the ability to add
> > interactive visualizations to Wikipedia and its sister projects. For
> > example, imagine how engaging it would be to have interactive
> phylogenetic
> > trees that allow the user to zoom in and out and see images of species.
> >

> Related? https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Yurik/I_Dream_of_Content
>
> --
> Quim Gil
> Engineering Community Manager @ Wikimedia Foundation
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Qgil

Love and waffles,
PJosepherum

Re: Because visualizations are cool

Fannon
For a even more extensive collection of examples (often including the
code), take a look at:

http://christopheviau.com/d3list/gallery.html

(Thats only D3.js bases visualizations)

Best,
Simon

> Are you aware of the capabilities of Semantic MediaWiki? It along with
> Semantic Result Formats can produce some wonderfully interactive graphs.
>
> On Wed, 25 Nov 2015 11:54 Quim Gil <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 9:07 AM, Pine W <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > P.S. In the multimedia domain, I'd like to have the ability to add
> > > interactive visualizations to Wikipedia and its sister projects. For
> > > example, imagine how engaging it would be to have interactive
> > phylogenetic
> > > trees that allow the user to zoom in and out and see images of species.
> > >

> > Related? https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Yurik/I_Dream_of_Content
> >
> > --
> > Quim Gil
> > Engineering Community Manager @ Wikimedia Foundation
> > http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Qgil

> Love and waffles,
> PJosepherum

Re: Because visualizations are cool

Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
On the slightly-more-whimsical-than-practical side, I enjoy
http://www.visual-literacy.org/periodic_table/periodic_table.html
(mouseover for images, once it finishes loading)

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 10:50 PM, Simon Heimler <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> For a even more extensive collection of examples (often including the
> code), take a look at:
>
> http://christopheviau.com/d3list/gallery.html
>
> (Thats only D3.js bases visualizations)
>
> Best,
> Simon

> > Are you aware of the capabilities of Semantic MediaWiki? It along with
> > Semantic Result Formats can produce some wonderfully interactive graphs.

> > > phylogenetic
> species.
> > > >

> > > Related? https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Yurik/I_Dream_of_Content
> > >
> > > --
> > > Quim Gil
> > > Engineering Community Manager @ Wikimedia Foundation
> > > http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Qgil

> > Love and waffles,
> > PJosepherum

Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
Community Liaison

Re: Because visualizations are cool

Joaquin Oltra Hernandez
While we are at it, Mike Bostock's block's page is a wonderful place to
wonder around and be amazed. The guy is the creator of d3, works at the NYT
interactive news department and is just plain genius.

http://bl.ocks.org/mbostock (scroll down for more, it has infinite
scrolling)

On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 6:15 PM, Nick Wilson (Quiddity) <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On the slightly-more-whimsical-than-practical side, I enjoy
> http://www.visual-literacy.org/periodic_table/periodic_table.html
> (mouseover for images, once it finishes loading)
>
> On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 10:50 PM, Simon Heimler <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > For a even more extensive collection of examples (often including the
> > code), take a look at:
> >
> > http://christopheviau.com/d3list/gallery.html
> >
> > (Thats only D3.js bases visualizations)
> >
> > Best,
> > Simon

> > > Are you aware of the capabilities of Semantic MediaWiki? It along with
> > > Semantic Result Formats can produce some wonderfully interactive
> graphs.

> For
> > species.

> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Yurik/I_Dream_of_Content