Berlin - Chapters Conference

Jon Davies
Roger, Fae and I attended the Chapters conference over the last three
days and between us covered most of the sessions and, I hope, offered
a supportive and positive impression of the UK chapter.

There were lots of debates with the fundraising issues to the
forefront. With luck we can all move on. Mostly people were meeting to
discus and share ways of making our community stronger and more
effective and the chance to meet everyone was fantastic.

The UK delegation acted as presenters, rapporteurs and enthusiasts.

Everything is being put up bit by bit and the discussions around what
the Chapters Association/Council will do were really imaginative.

Am happy to answer any specific questions.

And one important thing to say - well done Wikimedia Deutschland who
did all the organisation and did it well.

Jon

--
Jon Davies - Chief Executive Wikimedia UK.  07976 935 986
tweet @jonatreesdavies

Wikimedia UK is the operating name of Wiki UK Limited.
Wiki UK Ltd is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England
and Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513
Registered Office 4th Floor, Development House,  56-64 Leonard Street,
London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom.
Telephone (0044) 207 065 0990.
Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of the Wikimedia Foundation (who
operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects). It is an independent
non-profit organization with no legal control over Wikipedia nor
responsibility for its contents.

Visit http://www.wikimedia.org.uk/ and @wikimediauk