Blank pages detected as non-existing pages....

Blank pages detected as non-existing pages....

Jason Y. Lee
A vandal blanked out a page, and the bot ended up raising the page as a page
that didn't exist...  I don't remember, but was the functionality of the bot
always like that?

--
Jason Y. Lee
AKA AllyUnion

Re: Blank pages detected as non-existing pages....

Jason Y. Lee
Also, avar in IRC mentioned it might be better to determine non-existing pages
via Special:Export.

For example:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Export/Non-existing_page

Has the identicial XML match as:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Export/Doesnotexist

And does not match:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Export/User:AllyUnion

Furthermore, this is universal for all languages and sites, at least in the
fact that I've tested it on several languages and meta.

On Sat, Jan 07, 2006 at 04:11:44AM -0800, Jason Y. Lee wrote:

> A vandal blanked out a page, and the bot ended up raising the page as a page
> that didn't exist...  I don't remember, but was the functionality of the bot
> always like that?
>
> --
> Jason Y. Lee
> AKA AllyUnion

Jason Y. Lee
AKA AllyUnion

Re: Blank pages detected as non-existing pages....

Scot Wilcoxon
I'm  in the first stage of converting {{Infobox Country}} templates, and
had a bad conversion create a page.  I erased the contents of my bad
page, and now I'm getting an EditConflict on that page...4 times in a
row so far.  I'm testing with "if  ( not newpage.exists() ) or
newpage.isEmpty():" before "newpage.put( newpage_text )".  I wonder if
there is a relationship between this discussion of Page.exists()
incantation and the EditConflict.  (User:SEWilco)