Blocking people from viewing the Wiki unless registered

Yig

Blocking people from viewing the Wiki unless registered

Yig
Hi,

I'm having a small permissions problem.

My Wiki contain private information so I want to control who can see it.

I added the following line to my LocalSettings.php.

  $wgGroupPermissions['*'    ]['createaccount']   = false;
  $wgGroupPermissions['*'    ]['read']            = true;
  $wgGroupPermissions['*'    ]['edit']            = false;

The first line allow me to create accounts as needed.

If I change the read permission to false, you can't read the site unless
you're logged in. This is what I want. The problem is that you can't
even see the login page!

Is there any way to make the login page the only viewable page while not
logged in?

Thanks!

Simon

Re: Blocking people from viewing the Wiki unless registered

Rob Church
$wgWhiteListRead = array( "Special:Userlogin" );

Rob Church
On 21/03/06, Simon Renshaw <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having a small permissions problem.
>
> My Wiki contain private information so I want to control who can see it.
>
> I added the following line to my LocalSettings.php.
>
>   $wgGroupPermissions['*'    ]['createaccount']   = false;
>   $wgGroupPermissions['*'    ]['read']            = true;
>   $wgGroupPermissions['*'    ]['edit']            = false;
>
> The first line allow me to create accounts as needed.
>
> If I change the read permission to false, you can't read the site unless
> you're logged in. This is what I want. The problem is that you can't
> even see the login page!
>
> Is there any way to make the login page the only viewable page while not
> logged in?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Simon

Re: Blocking people from viewing the Wiki unless registered

Brion Vibber
Simon Renshaw wrote:
> If I change the read permission to false, you can't read the site unless
> you're logged in. This is what I want. The problem is that you can't
> even see the login page!
>
> Is there any way to make the login page the only viewable page while not
> logged in?

You need to add the page to the whitelist; see the directions on all this linked
from the FAQ.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)