[Blog]: Tag and assess drive 2012: the largest collaboration of WP:India on English Wikipedia!

[Blog]: Tag and assess drive 2012: the largest collaboration of WP:India on English Wikipedia!

Noopur Raval
Dear all,

I am delighted to give you a small summary of the Tag and assess drive that was conducted by members of WP:India by means of a blog post. Here it is. As you can read in it, organizers and participants alike, unequivocally agree it is an unprecedented achievement for members of our community!

Thanks to all of you for sparing precious time to give your inputs. Personally, it was also inspiring getting to know editors outside the mailing list. May I take this opportunity to propose a bigger project or a new collaboration like this one? Just starting a conversation :)

Thank you,
Best,
Noopur

--
Noopur Raval

Re: [Blog]: Tag and assess drive 2012: the largest collaboration of WP:India on English Wikipedia!

Srikanth Ramakrishnan-2
Noopur,
If you want to propose a collaboration, you should bring it to the community noticeboard onwiki, a mailing list is of no use.
--
Srikanth.

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 1:52 PM, Noopur Raval <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear all,

I am delighted to give you a small summary of the Tag and assess drive that was conducted by members of WP:India by means of a blog post. Here it is. As you can read in it, organizers and participants alike, unequivocally agree it is an unprecedented achievement for members of our community!

Thanks to all of you for sparing precious time to give your inputs. Personally, it was also inspiring getting to know editors outside the mailing list. May I take this opportunity to propose a bigger project or a new collaboration like this one? Just starting a conversation :)

Thank you,
Best,
Noopur

--
Noopur Raval

Srikanth Ramakrishnan.

Re: [Blog]: Tag and assess drive 2012: the largest collaboration of WP:India on English Wikipedia!

stephen wanjau
Hello!

Congratulations to the members of Wikiproject india for the achievement.

I would like to ask some questions about the tool that was used in the tag and assess campaign.
  • Can the tool it be used on other Wikiprojects? Either region based or any other areas of interest as per the existing Wikiprojects.
  • If yes where can I find the tool? I believe it is under GPL ;)

regards,

Stephen.

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 1:37 PM, Srikanth Ramakrishnan <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

"Better Late Than Never, But Never Late is Better"

"Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in
the sum of all knowledge."  Help us make it a reality!
Donate to Wikimedia

Re: [Blog]: Tag and assess drive 2012: the largest collaboration of WP:India on English Wikipedia!

Srikanth Ramakrishnan-2
Hi Stephen,
The tool and it's code was done by YuviPanda.
You can view more details about it here:

As for other WIikiProjects, I believe User:Yasht101 started one for WP US and WP Pakistan before he retired in mid may.

--
Srikanth.

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 11:45 AM, stephen wanjau <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Yuvi Panda
Hey Stephen! I believe I replied on your talk page too :)

The tool also lives on
http://github.com/yuvipanda/Wikipedia-AssessmentBar - I like github :)
I also think I modified it to work for WP Africa too, and left
instructions at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:YuviPanda/AssessmentBar/WPAfrica.

If anyone else wants to have this setup for their project, feel free
to poke me! Will be glad to help!

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 11:45 AM, stephen wanjau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Congratulations to the members of Wikiproject india for the achievement.
>
> I would like to ask some questions about the tool that was used in the tag
> and assess campaign.
>
> Can the tool it be used on other Wikiprojects? Either region based or any
> other areas of interest as per the existing Wikiprojects.
> If yes where can I find the tool? I believe it is under GPL ;)
>
> regards,
>
> Stephen.
>
> On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 1:37 PM, Srikanth Ramakrishnan
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Noopur,
>> If you want to propose a collaboration, you should bring it to the
>> community noticeboard onwiki, a mailing list is of no use.
>> --
>> Srikanth.
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 1:52 PM, Noopur Raval <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> I am delighted to give you a small summary of the Tag and assess drive
>>> that was conducted by members of WP:India by means of a blog post. Here it
>>> is. As you can read in it, organizers and participants alike, unequivocally
>>> agree it is an unprecedented achievement for members of our community!
>>>
>>> Thanks to all of you for sparing precious time to give your inputs.
>>> Personally, it was also inspiring getting to know editors outside the
>>> mailing list. May I take this opportunity to propose a bigger project or a
>>> new collaboration like this one? Just starting a conversation :)
>>>

>>> Thank you,
>>> Best,
>>> Noopur
>>>

>>> --
>>> Noopur Raval

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Srikanth Ramakrishnan.

> "Better Late Than Never, But Never Late is Better"
>
> "Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in
> the sum of all knowledge."  Help us make it a reality!
> Donate to Wikimedia

Yuvi Panda T
http://yuvi.in/blog

Re: [Blog]: Tag and assess drive 2012: the largest collaboration of WP:India on English Wikipedia!

stephen wanjau-2
Thank you Yuvipanda.

I will try out the tool and get back on  to you on your talk page.

//Stephen

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 7:36 PM, Yuvi Panda <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey Stephen! I believe I replied on your talk page too :)

The tool also lives on
http://github.com/yuvipanda/Wikipedia-AssessmentBar - I like github :)
I also think I modified it to work for WP Africa too, and left
instructions at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:YuviPanda/AssessmentBar/WPAfrica.

If anyone else wants to have this setup for their project, feel free
to poke me! Will be glad to help!

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 11:45 AM, stephen wanjau <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Congratulations to the members of Wikiproject india for the achievement.
>
> I would like to ask some questions about the tool that was used in the tag
> and assess campaign.
>
> Can the tool it be used on other Wikiprojects? Either region based or any
> other areas of interest as per the existing Wikiprojects.
> If yes where can I find the tool? I believe it is under GPL ;)
>
> regards,
>
> Stephen.
>
> On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 1:37 PM, Srikanth Ramakrishnan
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Noopur,
>> If you want to propose a collaboration, you should bring it to the
>> community noticeboard onwiki, a mailing list is of no use.
>> --
>> Srikanth.
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 1:52 PM, Noopur Raval <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> I am delighted to give you a small summary of the Tag and assess drive
>>> that was conducted by members of WP:India by means of a blog post. Here it
>>> is. As you can read in it, organizers and participants alike, unequivocally
>>> agree it is an unprecedented achievement for members of our community!
>>>
>>> Thanks to all of you for sparing precious time to give your inputs.
>>> Personally, it was also inspiring getting to know editors outside the
>>> mailing list. May I take this opportunity to propose a bigger project or a
>>> new collaboration like this one? Just starting a conversation :)
>>>

>>> Thank you,
>>> Best,
>>> Noopur
>>>

>>> --
>>> Noopur Raval

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Srikanth Ramakrishnan.

> "Better Late Than Never, But Never Late is Better"
>
> "Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in
> the sum of all knowledge."  Help us make it a reality!
> Donate to Wikimedia

Yuvi Panda T
http://yuvi.in/blog

Wikimedia Kenya.
"Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in
the sum of all knowledge."  Help us make it a reality!

All our projects.
www.wikimedia.org
Donate to Wikimedia