Quantcast

Bootstrapping about Botswana articles

Luca Martinelli
Hi there, sorry if this may be off-topic. I'm an admin @ it.wp and I'm
also part of the WikiAfrica Project
(http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progetto:WikiAfrica).

We're in possession of the updated datas about the administrative
divisions of Botswana (up to villages) and we'd like to upload them on
as many WP version as possible. We're in contact with some bot-owners
on it.wp, sv.wp, nl.wp, pl.wp, and tn.wp.

What we need is a bot owner that can help us in programming a script
and create these articles, and of course some help for the
translations in your native language.

If you are interested in it or you need any clarification, please feel
free to contact me.

Cheers,

Luca "Sannita"
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utente:Sannita

Re: Bootstrapping about Botswana articles

Ganesh Krishnamurthy
I suggest you to take a look at CSV loader plugin for AutoWikiBrowser. It
is simple that even a non-IT person can run it. The animal project on Dutch
wiki used it to create 300,000 new articles. I have used it to create
18,000 new snail articles on English wiki. The plugin is available at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:CSV

Let me if you have any questions.

Regards,

Ganesh
User:Ganeshk on Wikipedia
 On Sep 26, 2012 12:09 PM, "Luca Martinelli" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi there, sorry if this may be off-topic. I'm an admin @ it.wp and I'm
> also part of the WikiAfrica Project
> (http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progetto:WikiAfrica).
>
> We're in possession of the updated datas about the administrative
> divisions of Botswana (up to villages) and we'd like to upload them on
> as many WP version as possible. We're in contact with some bot-owners
> on it.wp, sv.wp, nl.wp, pl.wp, and tn.wp.
>
> What we need is a bot owner that can help us in programming a script
> and create these articles, and of course some help for the
> translations in your native language.
>
> If you are interested in it or you need any clarification, please feel
> free to contact me.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Luca "Sannita"
> http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utente:Sannita

Re: Bootstrapping about Botswana articles

Luca Martinelli
This is REALLY interesting (also for other things I had in mind,
actually). I'll take a look at it, and let you know.

Thank you very much!

L.

2012/9/26 Ganesh Krishnamurthy <[hidden email]>:

> I suggest you to take a look at CSV loader plugin for AutoWikiBrowser. It
> is simple that even a non-IT person can run it. The animal project on Dutch
> wiki used it to create 300,000 new articles. I have used it to create
> 18,000 new snail articles on English wiki. The plugin is available at:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:CSV
>
> Let me if you have any questions.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ganesh
> User:Ganeshk on Wikipedia
>  On Sep 26, 2012 12:09 PM, "Luca Martinelli" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi there, sorry if this may be off-topic. I'm an admin @ it.wp and I'm
>> also part of the WikiAfrica Project
>> (http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progetto:WikiAfrica).
>>
>> We're in possession of the updated datas about the administrative
>> divisions of Botswana (up to villages) and we'd like to upload them on
>> as many WP version as possible. We're in contact with some bot-owners
>> on it.wp, sv.wp, nl.wp, pl.wp, and tn.wp.
>>
>> What we need is a bot owner that can help us in programming a script
>> and create these articles, and of course some help for the
>> translations in your native language.
>>
>> If you are interested in it or you need any clarification, please feel
>> free to contact me.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Luca "Sannita"
>> http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utente:Sannita