Breadcrumb feature

Gordon Adel
Thanks for the advice, I've created the table, but how do you then tell
the wiki to display the breadcrumbs?

Kind Regards,

Adel

> Using MediaWiki version 1.7.1 I'm trying to enable the breadcrumb
> feature... using the documentation on the MediaWiki site

The problem is that the bread crumb is looking for the CUR table, and it

isn't used/doesn't exist in later MW versions.

Rather than modify the BC extension, I just create the CUR table for
wikis I
host using a script and some SQL text. Works great.

mysql -uuser -ppass dbname < createcur.sql

Here's the createcur.sql text:

CREATE TABLE `cur` (
  `cur_id` int(8) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `cur_namespace` tinyint(2) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `cur_title` varchar(255) character set latin1 collate latin1_bin NOT
NULL
default '',
  `cur_text` mediumtext NOT NULL,
  `cur_comment` tinyblob NOT NULL,
  `cur_user` int(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `cur_user_text` varchar(255) character set latin1 collate latin1_bin
NOT
NULL default '',
  `cur_timestamp` varchar(14) character set latin1 collate latin1_bin
NOT
NULL default '',
  `cur_restrictions` tinyblob NOT NULL,
  `cur_counter` bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `cur_is_redirect` tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `cur_minor_edit` tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `cur_is_new` tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `cur_random` double unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `cur_touched` varchar(14) character set latin1 collate latin1_bin NOT
NULL
default '',
  `inverse_timestamp` varchar(14) character set latin1 collate
latin1_bin
NOT NULL default '',
  UNIQUE KEY `cur_id` (`cur_id`),
  KEY `cur_namespace` (`cur_namespace`),
  KEY `cur_title` (`cur_title`(20)),
  KEY `cur_timestamp` (`cur_timestamp`),
  KEY `cur_random` (`cur_random`),
  KEY `name_title_timestamp`
(`cur_namespace`,`cur_title`,`inverse_timestamp`),
  KEY `user_timestamp` (`cur_user`,`inverse_timestamp`),
  KEY `usertext_timestamp` (`cur_user_text`,`inverse_timestamp`),
  KEY `namespace_redirect_timestamp`
(`cur_namespace`,`cur_is_redirect`,`cur_timestamp`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 PACK_KEYS=1;

- MHart

Adel Gordon

IT Services

University of Northampton

Boughton Green Road

Northampton

NN2 7AL

Tel: 01604 892821

email: [hidden email]

web: http://www.northampton.ac.uk

This e-mail is private and may be confidential and is for the intended recipient only.  If you are not the intended recipient you are strictly prohibited from using, printing, copying, distributing or disseminating this e-mail or any information contained in it.

We virus scan all E-mails leaving The University of Northampton but no warranty is given that this E-mail and any attachments are virus free.  You should undertake your own virus checking.  The right to monitor E-mail communications through our networks is reserved by us.

Re: Breadcrumb feature

Brion Vibber
Gordon Adel wrote:
> Thanks for the advice, I've created the table, but how do you then tell
> the wiki to display the breadcrumbs?

MediaWiki has no breadcrumb feature.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Re: Breadcrumb feature

MHart
Modify the monobook skin and any other skin where you want it to show up:

MonoBook.php

add:

in the <div id="content"> section, right below the class="firstHeading"
section.

- MHart

> [...]
>

> Adel Gordon
>
> IT Services
>
> University of Northampton
>
> Boughton Green Road
>
> Northampton
>
> NN2 7AL
>

> Tel: 01604 892821
>
> email: [hidden email]
>
> web: http://www.northampton.ac.uk
>

> This e-mail is private and may be confidential and is for the intended
> recipient only.  If you are not the intended recipient you are strictly
> prohibited from using, printing, copying, distributing or disseminating
> this e-mail or any information contained in it.
>

> We virus scan all E-mails leaving The University of Northampton but no
> warranty is given that this E-mail and any attachments are virus free.
> You should undertake your own virus checking.  The right to monitor E-mail
> communications through our networks is reserved by us.

Thanks again...

kwbreadcrumbTAL() function is not defined though, and I'm not 100% on
where to define it... could you possibly enlighten me?

Many Thanks

Adel

This e-mail is private and may be confidential and is for the intended recipient only.  If you are not the intended recipient you are strictly prohibited from using, printing, copying, distributing or disseminating this e-mail or any information contained in it.

We virus scan all E-mails leaving The University of Northampton but no warranty is given that this E-mail and any attachments are virus free.  You should undertake your own virus checking.  The right to monitor E-mail communications through our networks is reserved by us.

Re: Breadcrumb feature

MHart
You need to include the PHP extension in your LocalSettings. Then it will be
defined. Also note that it is CASE SENSITIVE - it is "kwBreadCrumbsTAL() ",
not "kwbreadcrumbTAL()"

In LocalSettings.php:

include("extensions/kwBreadCrumbs.php");

- MHart