Breaking change in ORES API: "wp10" models are renamed to "articlequality"

Breaking change in ORES API: "wp10" models are renamed to "articlequality"

Amir Sarabadani
Hello,
If you don't use ORES API, please ignore this email.

If you are using wp10 models in your tool, gadget, or research, please note
that these models are now renamed to "articlequality" to better reflect
what they are (in comparison to "editquality"). articlequality models are
deployed on English, Russian, French, Persian, Turkish, and Basque
Wikipedia languages.

So URLs like this:
https://ores.wikimedia.org/v3/scores/enwiki/855137823/wp10
Need to be changed to something like this:
https://ores.wikimedia.org/v3/scores/enwiki/855137823/articlequality

Same goes with parsing the results.

The "wp10" still exists as an alias and if you don't determine models
(meaning you want scores for all models) we respond with wp10 and
articlequality data duplicated [1] but we might pull the plug after four
weeks after this announcement.

[1]: For example see: https://ores.wikimedia.org/v3/scores/enwiki/855137823

For more information see: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T196240

Best
--
Amir Sarabadani
Software Engineer

Tel. (030) 219 158 26-0
http://wikimedia.de

http://spenden.wikimedia.de/

Wikimedia Deutschland – Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e. V.

Re: Breaking change in ORES API: "wp10" models are renamed to "articlequality"

Ryan Kaldari-2
Thanks for the update (and the switch to a less confusing score name)! Just
to clarify, when you say "we might pull the plug after four weeks after
this announcement," does that refer to wp10 just in the generic scores
request (e.g. https://ores.wikimedia.org/v3/scores/enwiki/855137823) or
also in the specific scores request (e.g.
https://ores.wikimedia.org/v3/scores/enwiki/855137823/wp10)? In other
words, will https://ores.wikimedia.org/v3/scores/enwiki/855137823/wp10
still work a month from now, or does that also need to be migrated to
"articlequality"?

On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 1:50 PM Amir Sarabadani <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> If you don't use ORES API, please ignore this email.
>
> If you are using wp10 models in your tool, gadget, or research, please note
> that these models are now renamed to "articlequality" to better reflect
> what they are (in comparison to "editquality"). articlequality models are
> deployed on English, Russian, French, Persian, Turkish, and Basque
> Wikipedia languages.
>
> So URLs like this:
> https://ores.wikimedia.org/v3/scores/enwiki/855137823/wp10
> Need to be changed to something like this:
> https://ores.wikimedia.org/v3/scores/enwiki/855137823/articlequality
>
> Same goes with parsing the results.
>
> The "wp10" still exists as an alias and if you don't determine models
> (meaning you want scores for all models) we respond with wp10 and
> articlequality data duplicated [1] but we might pull the plug after four
> weeks after this announcement.
>
> [1]: For example see:
> https://ores.wikimedia.org/v3/scores/enwiki/855137823
>
> For more information see: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T196240
>
> Best
> --
> Amir Sarabadani
> Software Engineer
>
> Wikimedia Deutschland e. V. | Tempelhofer Ufer 23-24 | 10963 Berlin
> Tel. (030) 219 158 26-0
> http://wikimedia.de
>
> Stellen Sie sich eine Welt vor, in der jeder Mensch an der Menge allen
> Wissens frei teilhaben kann. Helfen Sie uns dabei!
> http://spenden.wikimedia.de/
>
> Wikimedia Deutschland – Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e. V.

Re: Breaking change in ORES API: "wp10" models are renamed to "articlequality"

Adam Wight-2
Hi, we'll have to deprecate both usages due to how the software is
configured.

If migrating the clients turns out to be a pain for some reason, we can
negotiate the deprecation date, of course…

-Adam