Broken search engine

Fxp

Broken search engine

Fxp
Hi all

After 15 pages of the archive, I dare to post:

 The "Go" action works, but not the text "search".

The term of the request is correct in the query field and it appears
perfectly in the comment "For query xxx".

The strange thing is that it works well on my home computer, but not on
the uploaded site.

Running:
#  MediaWiki: 1.6alpha
# PHP: 4.4.2 (cgi)
# MySQL: 4.0.26

Thank you for your help, the most simple search in full text engine
would be perfect.

François

--
___________________________
The FAQ:

Re: Broken search engine

Arthur Guy-2
Is your search query actually only 3 characters long?

Arthur
[hidden email]

Fxp

Re: Broken search engine

Fxp
HEllo Arthur,

No however long is the query the search replies: no results

You can test it:
http://www.fxparlant.net/Main_Page

François

Arthur Guy wrote:
> Is your search query actually only 3 characters long?
>

> Hi all
>
> After 15 pages of the archive, I dare to post:
>
>  The "Go" action works, but not the text "search".
>
> The term of the request is correct in the query field and it appears
> perfectly in the comment "For query xxx".
>
> The strange thing is that it works well on my home computer, but not on
> the uploaded site.
>
> Running:
> #  MediaWiki: 1.6alpha
> # PHP: 4.4.2 (cgi)
> # MySQL: 4.0.26
>
> Thank you for your help, the most simple search in full text engine
> would be perfect.
>
> Fran�ois

Re: Broken search engine

Brion Vibber
FxParlant wrote:
> HEllo Arthur,
>
> No however long is the query the search replies: no results

You'll have to do some more testing.
1) Is stuff in the searchindex table that you expect?
2) Is the query for the search proper?
3) Does it return results?

You've been here a while, so I assume you know how to enable the debug log.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)