Broken wiki (Composer vs. SemanticBundle?)

Broken wiki (Composer vs. SemanticBundle?)

mog404
This morning I get this when I tried to open my wiki:
    Error: Semantic Forms Inputs is a Semantic Forms extension. You need to install Semantic Forms first.

Was coming up fine yesterday.  I have not made edits to the wiki or updates of any kind for the last few days. The VM is hosted on Amazon via TurnKey Hub.

Have not poked around much, but suspect something going on between composer and SemanticBundle.  Wiki comes to life, sans bundle extensions, after I comment out the extension lines at the end of LocalSettings.

End of LocalSettings.php:

require_once( "$IP/extensions/SemanticBundle/SemanticBundleSettings.php" );
require_once( "$IP/extensions/SemanticBundle/SemanticBundle.php" );
require_once( "$IP/extensions/ParserFunctions/ParserFunctions.php" );

Content of composer.json:

{
	"require": {
		"php": ">=5.3.2",
		"Mediawiki/semantic-media-wiki": ">1",
		"mediawiki/semantic-maps": ">1",
		"mediawiki/semantic-forms": ">1",
		"mediawiki/semantic-result-formats": ">1"
	},
	"suggest": {
		"ext-fileinfo": "*",
		"ext-mbstring": "*",
		"ext-wikidiff2": "*",
		"ext-apc": "*"
	}
}

Command: php composer.phar update says "Nothing to install or update"

Re: Broken wiki (Composer vs. SemanticBundle?)

Stephan Gambke-2
If you use the bundle, why do you try installing those extensions a
second time using composer?

On 13 June 2014 22:08, mog404 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This morning I get this when I tried to open my wiki:
>     /Error: Semantic Forms Inputs is a Semantic Forms extension. You need to
> install Semantic Forms first./
>
> Was coming up fine yesterday.  I have not made edits to the wiki or updates
> of any kind for the last few days. The VM is hosted on Amazon via TurnKey
> Hub.
>
> Have not poked around much, but suspect something going on between composer
> and SemanticBundle.  Wiki comes to life, sans bundle extensions, after I
> comment out the extension lines at the end of LocalSettings.
>
> End of LocalSettings.php:
>

> Content of composer.json:
>

> Command: /php composer.phar update/ says "Nothing to install or update"

Re: Broken wiki (Composer vs. SemanticBundle?)

mog404
It appears that my problem was caused when a Debian security update replaced my MediaWiki 1.22 install with 1.19.16+dfsg-0+deb7u1. I think I will be able to get going again by upgrading back to 1.22 (or probably 1.23 while I am at it).

I don't want to disable Debian security updates system-wide, but also don't want my wiki to crash and burn again. Any ideas?

Re: Broken wiki (Composer vs. SemanticBundle?)

Mark A. Hershberger-4

mog404 writes:

> I don't want to disable Debian security updates system-wide, but also don't
> want my wiki to crash and burn again. Any ideas?

If you want to maintain MediaWiki installation yourself, then just
un-install their MediaWiki package.  (Make a copy of the files and DB
before you do this, of course, to make sure you can get them back if
Debian removes them.)

Of course, if you do run:

  $ dpkg --purge --force-all mediawiki

It may want to remove some packages that actually want.  At the very
least, make sure packages like php5-intl and the like are marked as
manually installed.

Mark.

--
Mark A. Hershberger
NicheWork LLC

Re: Broken wiki (Composer vs. SemanticBundle?)

mog404
Thanks for the help. That is more or less what I am trying.