Buenos Aires - program? registration?

Brianna Laugher
Hi all,

I received word through Facebook that registration is now open for
Wikimania. <http://wikimania2009.wikimedia.org/wiki/Registration>

Could anyone advise when the schedule/programe is likely to be available?

thanks,
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/

Re: Buenos Aires - program? registration?

Barcex-2
2009/7/8 Brianna Laugher <[hidden email]>

Could anyone advise when the schedule/programe is likely to be available?

   This weekend.

Barcex.

Re: Buenos Aires - program? registration?

Cormac Lawler
On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 12:19 PM, Brianna Laugher <[hidden email]> wrote:

I received word through Facebook that registration is now open for
Wikimania. <http://wikimania2009.wikimedia.org/wiki/Registration>

*Sigh*

I'm not going to make it this year due to thesis commitments. It'll be my first non-Wikimania. :-(

Hope you all have a blast though! Buenos Aires!

Cormac

Re: Buenos Aires - program? registration?

Austin Hair
On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 10:44 AM, Cormac Lawler<[hidden email]> wrote:
> *Sigh*
> I'm not going to make it this year due to thesis commitments. It'll be my
> first non-Wikimania. :-(

Aw, man—you were set for 5/5, and there aren't that many of us left.
We'll miss you, for sure.

Austin

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 12:05 AM, Austin Hair <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 10:44 AM, Cormac Lawler<[hidden email]> wrote:
> *Sigh*
> I'm not going to make it this year due to thesis commitments. It'll be my
> first non-Wikimania. :-(

Aw, man—you were set for 5/5, and there aren't that many of us left.
We'll miss you, for sure.

Cheers Austin - I'm sure you'll find another tango partner. ;-)

Cormac

Re: Buenos Aires - program? registration?

Delphine Ménard
On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 17:44, Cormac Lawler<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 12:19 PM, Brianna Laugher <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> I received word through Facebook that registration is now open for
>> Wikimania. <http://wikimania2009.wikimedia.org/wiki/Registration>
>
> *Sigh*
> I'm not going to make it this year due to thesis commitments. It'll be my
> first non-Wikimania. :-(

I know the feeling :(
Weird eh?

I'm sending a spy though ;-)

Delphine

--
~notafish

Re: Buenos Aires - program? registration?

Ray Saintonge
Delphine Ménard wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 17:44, Cormac Lawler<[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 12:19 PM, Brianna Laugher <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I received word through Facebook that registration is now open for
>>> Wikimania. <http://wikimania2009.wikimedia.org/wiki/Registration>
>>>
>> *Sigh*
>> I'm not going to make it this year due to thesis commitments. It'll be my
>> first non-Wikimania. :-(
>>

> I know the feeling :(
> Weird eh?
>
> I'm sending a spy though ;-)
>
> Delphine

Seems like the old timers are dropping off like flies. :-)

Ec

Re: Buenos Aires - program? registration?

Barcex-2
2009/7/8 Brianna Laugher <[hidden email]>

Could anyone advise when the schedule/programe is likely to be available?

  A preliminary version, subject to a lot of changes, is now published on the web site:

http://wikimania2009.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schedule

Barcex

2009/7/13 Barcex <[hidden email]>:
> 2009/7/8 Brianna Laugher <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Could anyone advise when the schedule/programe is likely to be available?
>
>   A preliminary version, subject to a lot of changes, is now published on
> the web site:
>
> http://wikimania2009.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schedule

thanks Barcex! Lots of awesome looking stuff. :D

Can't OCS or whatever the submissions system is produce programmes? I
thought I remembered it having that function.

cheers
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/

Re: Buenos Aires - program? registration?

Takashi OTA
Dear (limited number of) members of 5/5 club,

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 10:13 PM, Cormac Lawler<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 12:05 AM, Austin Hair <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 10:44 AM, Cormac Lawler<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > *Sigh*
>> > I'm not going to make it this year due to thesis commitments. It'll be
>> > my
>> > first non-Wikimania. :-(
>>
>> Aw, man—you were set for 5/5, and there aren't that many of us left.
>> We'll miss you, for sure.
>
> Cheers Austin - I'm sure you'll find another tango partner. ;-)

I'm here! As an ordinary Japanese worker, it was hard to get consecutive
paid holidays of more than one week. Anyway, see ya in Buenos Aires!

# BTW, I hope to enjoy Argentine Tango live there...

--Takashi

Re: Buenos Aires - program? registration?

Anirudh S. Bhati
Yep, the Tango, one of my Japanese friends told me that there are a few clubs in Buenos Aires, but they are really popular for the Tango. :)

Yours sincerely,

Anirudh Singh Bhati
Student of Law, Gujarat National Law University,
Gandhinagar, India.

Handphone: +6581362209
Skype: anirudhsbh

If this email were legal advice, it would be followed by a bill.

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 8:06 AM, Takashi OTA <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear (limited number of) members of 5/5 club,

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 10:13 PM, Cormac Lawler<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 12:05 AM, Austin Hair <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 10:44 AM, Cormac Lawler<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > *Sigh*
>> > I'm not going to make it this year due to thesis commitments. It'll be
>> > my
>> > first non-Wikimania. :-(
>>
>> Aw, man—you were set for 5/5, and there aren't that many of us left.
>> We'll miss you, for sure.
>
> Cheers Austin - I'm sure you'll find another tango partner. ;-)

I'm here! As an ordinary Japanese worker, it was hard to get consecutive
paid holidays of more than one week. Anyway, see ya in Buenos Aires!

# BTW, I hope to enjoy Argentine Tango live there...

--Takashi

Re: Buenos Aires - program? registration?

Damian Finol-2
Quick question.

A friend of mine went ahead and completed the form but couldn't pay through PayPal at the moment, is there a way to resume the payment form or something? She doesn't want to miss the July 30th deadline!.

2009/7/22 Barcex <[hidden email]>
Tell her to send a message with her name  or registation code to [hidden email]. We can send a customized PayPal coupon to her e-mail address.

 I'm sorry, its [hidden email]

Re: Buenos Aires - program? registration?

Takashi OTA
I found T-shirt size question in the registration form.
Is T-shirt going to be given for each participant?

From my experience of conference volunteer, conference
logo-designed T-shirt will be highly appreciated among
attendees!

--Takashi

Re: Buenos Aires - program? registration?

Patricio Lorente
2009/7/25 Takashi OTA <[hidden email]>:
> I found T-shirt size question in the registration form.
> Is T-shirt going to be given for each participant?
>
> From my experience of conference volunteer, conference
> logo-designed T-shirt will be highly appreciated among
> attendees!

Yes! What I'm not sure is if we are going to make all sizes, but be
sure it will be a t-shirt for every participant.

                                                Patricio

--

Patricio Lorente
Mensajería Instantánea: [hidden email]

Patricio Lorente wrote:

> 2009/7/25 Takashi OTA <[hidden email]>:
>
>> I found T-shirt size question in the registration form.
>> Is T-shirt going to be given for each participant?
>>
>> From my experience of conference volunteer, conference
>> logo-designed T-shirt will be highly appreciated among
>> attendees!
>>
> Yes! What I'm not sure is if we are going to make all sizes, but be
> sure it will be a t-shirt for every participant.
>
>                                                 Patricio

Great, but if you can't make all sizes (a reasonable decision) it's
better too big than too small.

Last year's hats in Alexandria were a great idea, but they were often
too small for many of the fat heads in attendance. ;-)

Ec