Burnbridges question

Russell Blau
I wanted to clear out the files of an MMP (named dpl), so I used
"become" to switch to the project's account, then ran "burnbridges."
This generated a nice, red message saying "You do not have an .htaccess
with Redirects to wmflabs.org !!! "

So, I checked:

dpl@nightshade:~$ cat public_html/.htaccess
Redirect permanent /~dpl http://tools.wmflabs.org/dplbot

Should I just ignore the message and complete burnbridges anyway?

--
  Russell Blau

Re: Burnbridges question

amette
Hi Russell,

sorry for the late answer.

On 13/05/14 19:47, Russell Blau wrote:
> I wanted to clear out the files of an MMP (named dpl), so I used
> "become" to switch to the project's account, then ran "burnbridges."
For cleaning out an MMP there are a different set of tools that are
named with an appended "-mmp". So to take action on an MMP, do not use
'become', just stay your normal user and run

        byebye-mmp
and
        burnbridges-mmp <MMP Name>

to build your data package and after downloading it delete the data and
expiring your account.

> This generated a nice, red message saying "You do not have an .htaccess
> with Redirects to wmflabs.org !!! "
Glad you liked it! ;)

> So, I checked:
>
> dpl@nightshade:~$ cat public_html/.htaccess
> Redirect permanent /~dpl http://tools.wmflabs.org/dplbot
>
> Should I just ignore the message and complete burnbridges anyway?
The scripts should now fail, if you run them as the wrong user. Could
you test please?

cheers
amette