Burning globe is on tonight

Claudia Garád

Dear Wikimaniacs,

this not Burning Man but we have a burning Wikipedia globe at the Tent tonight.

My little brother is a craftsman specialized on metal work and he designed a Wikipedia fire basket for Wikimania and as gift for the people of Esino Lario.

We'll light the basket at around 10pm so stop by at some point tonight and enjoy some campfire atmosphere when it gets chilly. :-)

See you at the Tent later!
Claudia

Von meinem Samsung Gerät gesendet.

Re: Burning globe is on tonight

Manuel Schneider-3
I was there, took pictures and love it.

This is an absolutely lovely present to Wikimania and Esino Lario!

Please forward my appreciation and thanks to your brother.

/Manuel

--
sent from mobile phoneAm 25.06.2016 9:33 nachm. schrieb "claudia.garad" <[hidden email]>:

> Dear Wikimaniacs,
>
> this not Burning Man but we have a burning Wikipedia globe at the Tent tonight.
>
> My little brother is a craftsman specialized on metal work and he designed a Wikipedia fire basket for Wikimania and as gift for the people of Esino Lario.
>
> We'll light the basket at around 10pm so stop by at some point tonight and enjoy some campfire atmosphere when it gets chilly. :-)
>
> See you at the Tent later!
> Claudia
>

> Von meinem Samsung Gerät gesendet.

Re: Burning globe is on tonight

Michael Jahn-3

Seconded. What a lovely sight!
Michael

Am 26.06.2016 00:04 schrieb "Schneider, Manuel" <[hidden email]>:
I was there, took pictures and love it.

This is an absolutely lovely present to Wikimania and Esino Lario!

Please forward my appreciation and thanks to your brother.

/Manuel

--
sent from mobile phoneAm 25.06.2016 9:33 nachm. schrieb "claudia.garad" <[hidden email]>:

> Dear Wikimaniacs,
>
> this not Burning Man but we have a burning Wikipedia globe at the Tent tonight.
>
> My little brother is a craftsman specialized on metal work and he designed a Wikipedia fire basket for Wikimania and as gift for the people of Esino Lario.
>
> We'll light the basket at around 10pm so stop by at some point tonight and enjoy some campfire atmosphere when it gets chilly. :-)
>
> See you at the Tent later!
> Claudia
>

> Von meinem Samsung Gerät gesendet.

Re: Burning globe is on tonight

Michele Lavazza

It was really beautiful. Thank you very much :)

Michele

Re: Burning globe is on tonight

Christophe Henner

Many thanks to your brother Claudia!!!

It was really really really cool and quite unexpected :)

Le 26 juin 2016 7:58 AM, "Michele Lavazza" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

It was really beautiful. Thank you very much :)

Michele

Re: Burning globe is on tonight

Andy Mabbett-2
On 25 June 2016 at 23:03, Schneider, Manuel
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I was there, took pictures and love it.

I loved it too - it was really photogenic.

Does it have its own Commons category, yet?

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing

Re: Burning globe is on tonight

Jean-Frédéric

On 25 June 2016 at 23:03, Schneider, Manuel wrote:

> I was there, took pictures and love it.

I loved it too - it was really photogenic.

Does it have its own Commons category, yet?

It now does :-)

--
Jean-Fred

On 1 July 2016 at 00:28, Jean-Frédéric <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Does it have its own Commons category, yet?

> It now does :-)
> <https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikimania_2016_fire_basket>

Nice work, thank you.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing

Re: Burning globe is on tonight

Christophe Henner

If it exists, Jean-Fred will have created commons category for it.