By Wikipedia?

Milos Rancic-2
I hope that a small image will pass the list.

So, the question is: Does WMF have some money from such kind of Google
commercials?

Re: By Wikipedia?

Gatto Nero
2007/8/30, Milos Rancic <[hidden email]>:
> I hope that a small image will pass the list.
>
> So, the question is: Does WMF have some money from such kind of Google
> commercials?

No image, even small, will pass the list.
Use some hosting solution (like imageshack?)

Re: By Wikipedia?

Gary Kirk
No Wikimedia project is currently ad-supported, Google or otherwise. I
believe the stance is 'never say never', but I would think the
introduction of ads would be extremely unlikely and similarly
unpopular.
Hope this helps.

--
Gary Kirk

Re: By Wikipedia?

Milos Rancic-2
So, let's test a little bit Google's tolerance ;) (my site is on
Google: http://www.millosh.org/by_wikipedia.png)

The point is that, as you see, inside of the add ons Google has
commercial "By Wikipedia". Even the most of problems related to
Google's financing Wikimedia are not on the Google's side, I think
that Google should give money for promoting non-Wikimedia sites for
money with the phrase "By Wikipedia".

On 8/30/07, Gary Kirk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> No Wikimedia project is currently ad-supported, Google or otherwise. I
> believe the stance is 'never say never', but I would think the
> introduction of ads would be extremely unlikely and similarly
> unpopular.
> Hope this helps.
>
> On 8/30/07, Milos Rancic <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I hope that a small image will pass the list.
> >
> > So, the question is: Does WMF have some money from such kind of Google
> > commercials?
> >

> --
> Gary Kirk

Re: By Wikipedia?

Thomas Dalton
On 30/08/2007, Milos Rancic <[hidden email]> wrote:
> So, let's test a little bit Google's tolerance ;) (my site is on
> Google: http://www.millosh.org/by_wikipedia.png)
>
> The point is that, as you see, inside of the add ons Google has
> commercial "By Wikipedia". Even the most of problems related to
> Google's financing Wikimedia are not on the Google's side, I think
> that Google should give money for promoting non-Wikimedia sites for
> money with the phrase "By Wikipedia".

That link says "Buy Wikipedia", not "By Wikipedia". Without knowing
what it links to, it's difficult to know what it means.