[CARGO] new template didn't produce tab "Create data"

[CARGO] new template didn't produce tab "Create data"

beck
Hello,

I have installed Mediawiki 1.28.0 and Cargo 1.3 on an
Ubuntu/Apache2/MySQL system.

After creating my first initial template Book, I didn't got a tab
"Create Data".

Additional with  php cargoRecreateData.php --table Book I got the
message "Table "Book" is not declared in any template.".

Based on the documentation
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Cargo/Storing_data that
shouldn't happen, I believe.

Any hints to what I'm doing wrong ?
Thank you very much
Gerald

Re: [CARGO] new template didn't produce tab "Create data"

Yaron Koren-2
Hi Gerald,

Did you call MediaWiki's update.php script as part of installing Cargo? And
does your "Book" template contain a call to #cargo_declare?

-Yaron

On Apr 10, 2017 11:55 AM, "Gerald Beck" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have installed Mediawiki 1.28.0 and Cargo 1.3 on an
> Ubuntu/Apache2/MySQL system.
>
> After creating my first initial template Book, I didn't got a tab
> "Create Data".
>
> Additional with  php cargoRecreateData.php --table Book I got the
> message "Table "Book" is not declared in any template.".
>
> Based on the documentation
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Cargo/Storing_data that
> shouldn't happen, I believe.
>

> Any hints to what I'm doing wrong ?
> Thank you very much
> Gerald

Re: [CARGO] new template didn't produce tab "Create data"

beck
Hi Yaron,

thank you for your questions.

> Did you call MediaWiki's update.php script as part of installing Cargo?
Yes. And now again without any improvements.

> And does your "Book" template contain a call to #cargo_declare?
Yes. Have a look.

> <noinclude>
> Dies ist die Vorlage „book“.
> Sie sollte im folgenden Format genutzt werden:
> <pre>
> {{book
> |titel=
> |author=
> }}
> </pre>
> Klick auf „Bearbeiten“, um den Quelltext der Vorlage anzusehen.
> {{#cargo_declare:_table=book|titel=String|author=Page}}
> </noinclude><includeonly>{{#cargo_store:_table=book|titel={{{titel|}}}|author={{{author|}}}
> }}{| class="wikitable"
> ! titel
> | {{{titel|}}}
> |-
> ! author
> | [[{{{author|}}}]]
> |}
>
> [[Kategorie:book]]
> </includeonly>

Best regards,
Gerald.

Am 10.04.2017 um 21:24 schrieb Yaron Koren:

> Hi Gerald,
>
> Did you call MediaWiki's update.php script as part of installing
> Cargo? And does your "Book" template contain a call to #cargo_declare?
>
> -Yaron
>
> On Apr 10, 2017 11:55 AM, "Gerald Beck" <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     I have installed Mediawiki 1.28.0 and Cargo 1.3 on an
>     Ubuntu/Apache2/MySQL system.
>
>     After creating my first initial template Book, I didn't got a tab
>     "Create Data".
>
>     Additional with  php cargoRecreateData.php --table Book I got the
>     message "Table "Book" is not declared in any template.".
>
>     Based on the documentation
>     https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Cargo/Storing_data
>     <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Cargo/Storing_data> that
>     shouldn't happen, I believe.
>

>     Any hints to what I'm doing wrong ?
>     Thank you very much
>     Gerald

Re: [CARGO] new template didn't produce tab "Create data"

Yaron Koren-2
Hi,

Thanks for the template contents. I just tried it myself with these exact
template contents, and it worked for me - I got a "Create data table" tab
(or actually, dropdown action), so I don't know why it's not working for
you. If you're using a skin other than Vector, I would try switching to
Vector to see if maybe the skin is just not showing that action.

For cargoRecreateData.php, you may need to call it with "book" instead of
"Book", since you defined the table name to be all lowercase. I can't
remember now how case-sensitive the table naming is.

-Yaron

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 6:47 AM, Gerald Beck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Yaron,
>
> thank you for your questions.
>
> Did you call MediaWiki's update.php script as part of installing Cargo?
>
> Yes. And now again without any improvements.
>
> And does your "Book" template contain a call to #cargo_declare?
>
> Yes. Have a look.
>
> <noinclude>
> Dies ist die Vorlage „book“.
> Sie sollte im folgenden Format genutzt werden:
> <pre>
> {{book
> |titel=
> |author=
> }}
> </pre>
> Klick auf „Bearbeiten“, um den Quelltext der Vorlage anzusehen.
> {{#cargo_declare:_table=book|titel=String|author=Page}}
> </noinclude><includeonly>{{#cargo_store:_table=book|titel=
> {{{titel|}}}|author={{{author|}}} }}{| class="wikitable"
> ! titel
> | {{{titel|}}}
> |-
> ! author
> | [[{{{author|}}}]]
> |}
>
> [[Kategorie:book]]
> </includeonly>
>
> Best regards,
> Gerald.
>

> Am 10.04.2017 um 21:24 schrieb Yaron Koren:
>
> Hi Gerald,
>
> Did you call MediaWiki's update.php script as part of installing Cargo?
> And does your "Book" template contain a call to #cargo_declare?
>
> -Yaron
>
> On Apr 10, 2017 11:55 AM, "Gerald Beck" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have installed Mediawiki 1.28.0 and Cargo 1.3 on an
>> Ubuntu/Apache2/MySQL system.
>>
>> After creating my first initial template Book, I didn't got a tab
>> "Create Data".
>>
>> Additional with  php cargoRecreateData.php --table Book I got the
>> message "Table "Book" is not declared in any template.".
>>
>> Based on the documentation
>> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Cargo/Storing_data that
>> shouldn't happen, I believe.
>>

>> Any hints to what I'm doing wrong ?
>> Thank you very much
>> Gerald

Re: [CARGO] new template didn't produce tab "Create data"

beck
Hi,

thanks for your tries.

After doing some preference changes, edit and save changes of the
Template:Book page the tab Recreate data was there.

It seams things are working.

But i couldn't produce back the situation without the tab.

Thanks a lot for giving hints.

-Gerald