CD

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
80 messages Options
1234
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

CD

Deryck Chan

Who told the security staff at Ben Gurion that CDs have been distributed as part of the welcoming pack of Wikimania? Jeromy and I were requested to show the "CD you received from Wikimania" and we haven't got any.

PS. For those of you who have yet to fly out of Israel: it's a good idea to have a password / Android lock etc. on each of your electronic devices, so that they can't check their content except in front of you.


_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CD

James Hare
On Aug 9, 2011, at 7:06 PM, Deryck Chan <[hidden email]> wrote:

Who told the security staff at Ben Gurion that CDs have been distributed as part of the welcoming pack of Wikimania? Jeromy and I were requested to show the "CD you received from Wikimania" and we haven't got any.

PS. For those of you who have yet to fly out of Israel: it's a good idea to have a password / Android lock etc. on each of your electronic devices, so that they can't check their content except in front of you.

_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l

Thanks for that tip; it's a good idea in general.

I don't know anything about a Wikimania CD, but I do have a security related question. I brought a USB flash drive with me, since I usually keep one handy. Yet there is no way for me to plug it into my computer to verify it's a flash drive because I didn't bring a computer in the conventional sense (I brought my iPad which has no USB port, sadly). Will this be an issue?

_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CD

Harel Cain
I don't think it should be any special problem.


Harel Cain
Wikimania 2011 local team

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 20:48, James Hare <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Aug 9, 2011, at 7:06 PM, Deryck Chan <[hidden email]> wrote:

Who told the security staff at Ben Gurion that CDs have been distributed as part of the welcoming pack of Wikimania? Jeromy and I were requested to show the "CD you received from Wikimania" and we haven't got any.

PS. For those of you who have yet to fly out of Israel: it's a good idea to have a password / Android lock etc. on each of your electronic devices, so that they can't check their content except in front of you.

_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l

Thanks for that tip; it's a good idea in general.

I don't know anything about a Wikimania CD, but I do have a security related question. I brought a USB flash drive with me, since I usually keep one handy. Yet there is no way for me to plug it into my computer to verify it's a flash drive because I didn't bring a computer in the conventional sense (I brought my iPad which has no USB port, sadly). Will this be an issue?

_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l




--
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CD

Tobias
In reply to this post by Deryck Chan
On 08/09/2011 06:06 PM, Deryck Chan wrote:
> PS. For those of you who have yet to fly out of Israel: it's a good idea
> to have a password / Android lock etc. on each of your electronic
> devices, so that they can't check their content except in front of you.

Probably already to late, but since it might be relevant for next years
Wikimania as well: One way to protect data is to create a hidden
truecrypt volume. That means that inside of an encrypted partition –
which contains some harmless stuff one would want to hide (softporn or
whatever seems plausible) – there is another encrypted partition with
the real data.

When an airport security officer demands you decrypt your encrypted
partition, you just use the password of the harmless partition and thus
protect your real data.

http://www.truecrypt.org
http://www.truecrypt.org/docs/hidden-volume

However, it's even safer not to bring any laptop/data with you ;-)

Regards,
Tobias

_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CD

maarten deneckere
In reply to this post by James Hare
Hey James,
 
This should not be a problem. I passed with four GPS-devices that were not mine trough security control (I borrowed them for the mapping party). Just explain it, and they we'll examine it closely.

Btw, make sure you have something with you with the logo of the conference, to prove you attended it.

Grtz,
Maarten

2011/8/9 James Hare <[hidden email]>
.. but I do have a security related question. I brought a USB flash drive with me, ...

_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l



_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CD

Roan Kattouw-2
On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 8:12 PM, maarten deneckere
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Btw, make sure you have something with you with the logo of the conference,
> to prove you attended it.
>
+1. I had the feeling Timo and I had an easier time at TLV because I
wore the Wikimania 2011 t-shirt. One security person recognized it
immediately, another asked which conference we'd attended and I could
just point to my chest and say 'that one'.

Short of the t-shirt, the lanyard helps too, of course.

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)

_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CD

Marcin Cieslak-3
In reply to this post by Deryck Chan
> Who told the security staff at Ben Gurion that CDs have been distributed as
> part of the welcoming pack of Wikimania? Jeromy and I were requested to show
> the "CD you received from Wikimania" and we haven't got any.

One of the psychological techniques used by the security agencies is to
explicitly ask for something not true and wait for denial.  The truth
(whether there were CDs or not) is not really relevant to this question
- it's how you react. Probably you are suspicious if you answer 100% questions
correctly and without any hesitation. Those interviews shouldn't be treated
like a school test - it's not about getting as much correct answers as possible.

For an example of a successful use of this technique, see Stanley Kubrick's movie
"Eyes Wide Shut", the scene during the party at the manor (not recommended
for people sensitive about explicit scenes, usual disclaimers apply).

//Marcin


_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CD

Harel Cain
All credit goes to Arthur Schnitzler and his beautiful novella "Traumnovelle", on which Kubrick's movie is based.

It never ceases to amaze me what a huge diffrence between the treatment that visitors and locals get at TLV. Even though I fly out quite often, for many years now my longest questioning was maybe 2 minutes, and my luggage was not manually searched at all.

Harel


On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 22:04, Marcin Cieslak <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Who told the security staff at Ben Gurion that CDs have been distributed as
> part of the welcoming pack of Wikimania? Jeromy and I were requested to show
> the "CD you received from Wikimania" and we haven't got any.

One of the psychological techniques used by the security agencies is to
explicitly ask for something not true and wait for denial.  The truth
(whether there were CDs or not) is not really relevant to this question
- it's how you react. Probably you are suspicious if you answer 100% questions
correctly and without any hesitation. Those interviews shouldn't be treated
like a school test - it's not about getting as much correct answers as possible.

For an example of a successful use of this technique, see Stanley Kubrick's movie
"Eyes Wide Shut", the scene during the party at the manor (not recommended
for people sensitive about explicit scenes, usual disclaimers apply).

//Marcin


_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l



--
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CD

Nathan Awrich
On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 3:13 PM, Harel Cain <[hidden email]> wrote:
> All credit goes to Arthur Schnitzler and his beautiful novella
> "Traumnovelle", on which Kubrick's movie is based.
>
> It never ceases to amaze me what a huge diffrence between the treatment that
> visitors and locals get at TLV. Even though I fly out quite often, for many
> years now my longest questioning was maybe 2 minutes, and my luggage was not
> manually searched at all.
>
> Harel

It doesn't seem amazing at all to me that El Al invests less suspicion
in Jewish citizens of Israel, but that's just me :P

_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CD

WereSpielChequers-2
I'm in Jerusalem for a few more days, can anyone suggest how I can
obtain one of these Wikimania CDs or what it could contain?

WereSpielChequers

On 9 August 2011 20:22, Nathan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 3:13 PM, Harel Cain <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> All credit goes to Arthur Schnitzler and his beautiful novella
>> "Traumnovelle", on which Kubrick's movie is based.
>>
>> It never ceases to amaze me what a huge diffrence between the treatment that
>> visitors and locals get at TLV. Even though I fly out quite often, for many
>> years now my longest questioning was maybe 2 minutes, and my luggage was not
>> manually searched at all.
>>
>> Harel
>
> It doesn't seem amazing at all to me that El Al invests less suspicion
> in Jewish citizens of Israel, but that's just me :P
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimania-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
>

_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CD

Phoebe Ayers-2
In reply to this post by Harel Cain
Ah, well, I got 45 minutes of questioning -- a good chance to explain
Wikimedia governance to the nice young lady at security ("so what do
you do for wikipedia again?") The board is pretty suspicious! :)

Having the conference materials handy as well as reasonable
documentation of your other travels, and business cards if applicable,
is useful. In addition to general questions about the conference (who
was on the program, etc) I also got asked for my university ID (where
I work) and when I booked the tickets and so on -- agreed with Marcin
that a lot of this is just to catch you out to see if there are
inconsistencies and nervousness.  But I figure not everyone gets this
full questioning!

-- phoebe

ps there is no CD, afaik.

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 10:13 PM, Harel Cain <[hidden email]> wrote:

> All credit goes to Arthur Schnitzler and his beautiful novella
> "Traumnovelle", on which Kubrick's movie is based.
>
> It never ceases to amaze me what a huge diffrence between the treatment that
> visitors and locals get at TLV. Even though I fly out quite often, for many
> years now my longest questioning was maybe 2 minutes, and my luggage was not
> manually searched at all.
>
> Harel
>
>
> On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 22:04, Marcin Cieslak <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > Who told the security staff at Ben Gurion that CDs have been distributed
>> > as
>> > part of the welcoming pack of Wikimania? Jeromy and I were requested to
>> > show
>> > the "CD you received from Wikimania" and we haven't got any.
>>
>> One of the psychological techniques used by the security agencies is to
>> explicitly ask for something not true and wait for denial.  The truth
>> (whether there were CDs or not) is not really relevant to this question
>> - it's how you react. Probably you are suspicious if you answer 100%
>> questions
>> correctly and without any hesitation. Those interviews shouldn't be
>> treated
>> like a school test - it's not about getting as much correct answers as
>> possible.
>>
>> For an example of a successful use of this technique, see Stanley
>> Kubrick's movie
>> "Eyes Wide Shut", the scene during the party at the manor (not recommended
>> for people sensitive about explicit scenes, usual disclaimers apply).
>>
>> //Marcin
>>
>>

_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CD

Liam Wyatt
In reply to this post by WereSpielChequers-2
I would suggest that it's not about "the CD" itself, but anything to prove your attendance at the conference you said you went to. So, keep your attendee badge easily available. The conference bag, the printed schedule or other things that you picked up at Wikimania would be good. Just a suggestion,
-Liam

On 10/08/2011, at 5:37, WereSpielChequers <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm in Jerusalem for a few more days, can anyone suggest how I can
> obtain one of these Wikimania CDs or what it could contain?
>
> WereSpielChequers
>
> On 9 August 2011 20:22, Nathan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 3:13 PM, Harel Cain <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> All credit goes to Arthur Schnitzler and his beautiful novella
>>> "Traumnovelle", on which Kubrick's movie is based.
>>>
>>> It never ceases to amaze me what a huge diffrence between the treatment that
>>> visitors and locals get at TLV. Even though I fly out quite often, for many
>>> years now my longest questioning was maybe 2 minutes, and my luggage was not
>>> manually searched at all.
>>>
>>> Harel
>>
>> It doesn't seem amazing at all to me that El Al invests less suspicion
>> in Jewish citizens of Israel, but that's just me :P
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Wikimania-l mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimania-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l

_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CD

theo10011
In reply to this post by Harel Cain
It's always the visitors, or "the outsiders" who get that treatment. Airport authorities, airlines hardly ever focus on local or people who look like of local origin. I have hardly ever seen any locals being held for questioning in any country that I have ever visited. 

It's just who looks more like an outsider than the rest of the group.

Also, as Liam mentioned I'd strongly suggest keeping your tags, badges, schedules, any documentation to prove you actually attended the conference and provide them as proof.

Have a safe trip back everyone!

Theo


On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 12:43 AM, Harel Cain <[hidden email]> wrote:
All credit goes to Arthur Schnitzler and his beautiful novella "Traumnovelle", on which Kubrick's movie is based.

It never ceases to amaze me what a huge diffrence between the treatment that visitors and locals get at TLV. Even though I fly out quite often, for many years now my longest questioning was maybe 2 minutes, and my luggage was not manually searched at all.

Harel



On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 22:04, Marcin Cieslak <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Who told the security staff at Ben Gurion that CDs have been distributed as
> part of the welcoming pack of Wikimania? Jeromy and I were requested to show
> the "CD you received from Wikimania" and we haven't got any.

One of the psychological techniques used by the security agencies is to
explicitly ask for something not true and wait for denial.  The truth
(whether there were CDs or not) is not really relevant to this question
- it's how you react. Probably you are suspicious if you answer 100% questions
correctly and without any hesitation. Those interviews shouldn't be treated
like a school test - it's not about getting as much correct answers as possible.

For an example of a successful use of this technique, see Stanley Kubrick's movie
"Eyes Wide Shut", the scene during the party at the manor (not recommended
for people sensitive about explicit scenes, usual disclaimers apply).

//Marcin


_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l



--
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l



_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CD

Maarten Dammers
In reply to this post by WereSpielChequers-2
Hi WereSpielChequers ,

Op 9-8-2011 22:37, WereSpielChequers schreef:
> I'm in Jerusalem for a few more days, can anyone suggest how I can
> obtain one of these Wikimania CDs or what it could contain?
LOL, I guess you didn't read the whole thread. This is just a trick
question. Just like asking the same question twice in the same interview
to see if your answer is the same. Just be honest and enjoy the ride. In
most countries security guards are grumpy old men, here you have
friendly young men and women.

Maarten

Ps. Do we have a Wikipedia article about the interview techniques used?


_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CD

WereSpielChequers-2
In reply to this post by Liam Wyatt
I'll see if I can find an Internet Cafe that burns backups to CD. Last
time I went backpacking in New Zealand there were several places with
that sort of service. Then if I slap one of those stickers in the
centre it should look the ticket.

Do you think if I tell them that Walla interviewed me about my
abolishing the Olympic Sport of synchronised ventriloquism they might
give me a Hebrew translation of the article? And should I get a
printout of http://news.walla.co.il/?w=%2F4007%2F1847793 or just give
them the link?

WSC



On 10 August 2011 08:47, Liam Wyatt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I would suggest that it's not about "the CD" itself, but anything to prove your attendance at the conference you said you went to. So, keep your attendee badge easily available. The conference bag, the printed schedule or other things that you picked up at Wikimania would be good. Just a suggestion,
> -Liam
>
> On 10/08/2011, at 5:37, WereSpielChequers <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I'm in Jerusalem for a few more days, can anyone suggest how I can
>> obtain one of these Wikimania CDs or what it could contain?
>>
>> WereSpielChequers

_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CD

Casey Brown-5
In reply to this post by theo10011
On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 4:03 PM, WereSpielChequers
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'll see if I can find an Internet Cafe that burns backups to CD. Last
> time I went backpacking in New Zealand there were several places with
> that sort of service. Then if I slap one of those stickers in the
> centre it should look the ticket.

I don't really think lying or deliberately trying to mislead them is
the best option. If you didn't get a CD, then just say that. But I
guess it's your call.

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 3:53 PM, Theo10011 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It's always the visitors, or "the outsiders" who get that treatment. Airport
> authorities, airlines hardly ever focus on local or people who look like of
> local origin. I have hardly ever seen any locals being held for questioning
> in any country that I have ever visited.

Yeah, or if there's something that stands out with a local, such as
someone from Germany or who has a German-sounding name.

(Using German based on experiences I've noticed and because someone
mentioned a similar issue with a German-sounding name on another
thread, on some mailing list. :-))

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023

_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CD

theo10011

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 1:36 AM, Casey Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 4:03 PM, WereSpielChequers
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'll see if I can find an Internet Cafe that burns backups to CD. Last
> time I went backpacking in New Zealand there were several places with
> that sort of service. Then if I slap one of those stickers in the
> centre it should look the ticket.

I don't really think lying or deliberately trying to mislead them is
the best option. If you didn't get a CD, then just say that. But I
guess it's your call.

I'm def. with Casey on this one. Don't try to mislead them deliberately, this can only bite you back. It would look very odd when all your fellow attendees insist there were no CDs handed out and you're the only one with a CD, no matter how legitimate those stickers make it look. ;)


Theo
 

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 3:53 PM, Theo10011 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It's always the visitors, or "the outsiders" who get that treatment. Airport
> authorities, airlines hardly ever focus on local or people who look like of
> local origin. I have hardly ever seen any locals being held for questioning
> in any country that I have ever visited.

Yeah, or if there's something that stands out with a local, such as
someone from Germany or who has a German-sounding name.

(Using German based on experiences I've noticed and because someone
mentioned a similar issue with a German-sounding name on another
thread, on some mailing list. :-))

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023

_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l


_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CD

Huib Laurens
Or it will bite a other user that will pass the same security guard and doesn't have a CD.



2011/8/9 Theo10011 <[hidden email]>

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 1:36 AM, Casey Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 4:03 PM, WereSpielChequers
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'll see if I can find an Internet Cafe that burns backups to CD. Last
> time I went backpacking in New Zealand there were several places with
> that sort of service. Then if I slap one of those stickers in the
> centre it should look the ticket.

I don't really think lying or deliberately trying to mislead them is
the best option. If you didn't get a CD, then just say that. But I
guess it's your call.

I'm def. with Casey on this one. Don't try to mislead them deliberately, this can only bite you back. It would look very odd when all your fellow attendees insist there were no CDs handed out and you're the only one with a CD, no matter how legitimate those stickers make it look. ;)


Theo
 

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 3:53 PM, Theo10011 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It's always the visitors, or "the outsiders" who get that treatment. Airport
> authorities, airlines hardly ever focus on local or people who look like of
> local origin. I have hardly ever seen any locals being held for questioning
> in any country that I have ever visited.

Yeah, or if there's something that stands out with a local, such as
someone from Germany or who has a German-sounding name.

(Using German based on experiences I've noticed and because someone
mentioned a similar issue with a German-sounding name on another
thread, on some mailing list. :-))

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023

_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l


_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l




--
Kind regards,

Huib Laurens
WickedWay.nl

Webhosting the wicked way.



_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CD

Delphine Ménard
In reply to this post by Maarten Dammers
On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 9:54 PM, Maarten Dammers <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi WereSpielChequers ,
>
> Op 9-8-2011 22:37, WereSpielChequers schreef:
>> I'm in Jerusalem for a few more days, can anyone suggest how I can
>> obtain one of these Wikimania CDs or what it could contain?
> LOL, I guess you didn't read the whole thread. This is just a trick
> question. Just like asking the same question twice in the same interview
> to see if your answer is the same. Just be honest and enjoy the ride. In
> most countries security guards are grumpy old men, here you have
> friendly young men and women.

True, and efficient too. I loved the way the woman who flipped through
my passport never paused while doing it, handed me my passport back
and asked me: "And what were you doing in Tunis and in Egypt?" (I have
about 20 other stamps on my passport...).

:)

Delphine

_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CD

Aude-2
In reply to this post by Roan Kattouw-2
On Aug 9, 2011, at 2:42 PM, Roan Kattouw <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 8:12 PM, maarten deneckere
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Btw, make sure you have something with you with the logo of the  
>> conference,
>> to prove you attended it.
>>
> +1. I had the feeling Timo and I had an easier time at TLV because I
> wore the Wikimania 2011 t-shirt. One security person recognized it
> immediately, another asked which conference we'd attended and I could
> just point to my chest and say 'that one'.
>
> Short of the t-shirt, the lanyard helps too, of course.

I used my Wikimania bag as a carry on item with the logo clearly  
visible.

No one asked me any questions whatsoever at TLV.  They just stamped my  
passport!

Nor did anyone scrutinize or care about any of my electronic items  
(GPS, laptop, ...) or ask me to turn them on. They just put them  
through x-Ray and swab tested stuff. They also didn't care about my  
Arabic language reading materials that I take on the plane. :)

Aude



>
> Roan Kattouw (Catrope)
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimania-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l

_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
1234