Call for translations!!! Fundraising landing page

Call for translations!!! Fundraising landing page

Cary Bass-3
Hi all, this is kind of a rush.

Thanks!

Cary

Re: Call for translations!!! Fundraising landing page

Cary Bass-3
Here actually:

Re: Call for translations!!! Fundraising landing page

Pedro Sanchez-2
On 10/22/07, Cary Bass <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Here actually:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2007/Landing_page/Translations

that final version? since there's no point into translating something
that will change soon and wil lneed to be retranslated

On 10/22/07, Pedro Sanchez <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 10/22/07, Cary Bass <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> > Here actually:
> > http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2007/Landing_page/Translations
> >

> that final version? since there's no point into translating something
> that will change soon and wil lneed to be retranslated

Almost done. however, you sure that "ikimedia foundation" must remain
unstranslated? it has been always customary to use "Fundación
Wikimedia" in spanish channels

Re: Call for translations!!! Fundraising landing page

KIZU Naoko
As for translation of "Wikimedia Foundation",
- We recommend not to translate it and keep it as Wikimedia
Foundation, if possible.
- If you think it inappropriate in your language please first mention
its English name "Wikimedia Foundation" with your translation like
"Fundación Wikimedia (Wikimedia Foundation)". In the following part,
you may refer it only in that translation.
- Please do not refer it with the translation and only in a text.

I'll make an effort to write it down into a guideline, but now the
above is all what I could suggest you.

If you have a further question about it, please consult Delphine
Menard of Wikimedia Foundation ([hidden email]). Thanks.

In 10/23/07, Pedro Sanchez <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 10/22/07, Pedro Sanchez <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On 10/22/07, Cary Bass <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >

> > > Here actually:
> > > http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2007/Landing_page/Translations
> > >

> > that final version? since there's no point into translating something
> > that will change soon and wil lneed to be retranslated
> >

> Almost done. however, you sure that "ikimedia foundation" must remain
> unstranslated? it has been always customary to use "Fundación
> Wikimedia" in spanish channels

KIZU Naoko
Wikiquote <http://wikiquote.org> is a free online project for building
collections of quotations, hosted by Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.