Call for votes! Steward elections 2012

Tanvir Rahman
Hello everyone,

I am pleased to announce the beginning of the voting of steward elections
2012 [1]. Eligible voters are now encouraged to give their valuable votes
to elect new stewards this year. To find out more about voter eligibility,
please take a look on our guidelines page. [2] Vote page will remain open
to vote until February 27 2012, 23:59 (UTC).

This year, we have made some modifications so it will be easier for voters
to vote compared to the last years. You just have to follow the following
steps.

   - Click on the big gray vote button on the vote page, a box will appear;
   - Select your vote (yes/no/neutral), and write your comments (if you
   have any) in the comment box;
   - And click "vote" on that box and it will save your vote automatically.

Additionally, we are using template and bot so it will be easy to check the
votes and verify the eligible ones.

This year, we are also arranging the confirmation of existing stewards [3],
so you are also welcome to give your valuable comments/feedback about their
works. Confirmations are a good opportunity to check if we are still happy
with our current stewards. So please speak your voice there.

if you have any queries related to anything about to the election, you can
ask us on the talk page [4]. You are also free to poke us on IRC channel
#wikimedia-stewards-elections.

We hope you will participate as soon as possible to speak your opinion and
make this year's election a successful one (as you did in past).

Please feel free to forward this e-mail to any other lists if you think it
will be useful. :-)

Regards,
Tanvir Rahman
Wikitanvir on Wikimedia
(On behalf of the Election Committee.)

[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Stewards/Elections_2012
[2] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Stewards/Elections_2012/Guidelines
[3] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Stewards/Confirm/2012/en
[4] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Stewards/Elections_2012

Re: Call for votes! Steward elections 2012

Neil Babbage

Probably not a good day for the Toolserver to have intermittent hardware errors leading to the eligibility checker to time out frequently. It would be a good idea to get someone to prioritise fixing it if you expect a mad rush to vote.

Cheers,
Neil
([hidden email])