Calling all bus & coach enthusiasts

Richard Symonds-3

All,

This may seem like a bit of an odd question, but I’ve recently been in touch with a gentleman who owns a coach/bus firm. His firm own rather a lot of very high quality coaches and tour busses, the sort used by VIPs and rock bands. Some of them are double-decker bendy-busses, and they’re all rather special. He’s more than happy to release high-quality photographs of his busses and coaches, and his workshop, but needs someone to walk him through the licensing arrangements. Is there anyone here with the time and inclination to help?

I know this isn’t quite a ‘cultural partner’ or ‘UK’ issue, but it falls into both categories a little bit, and I’m loathe to let this opportunity disappear!

All the best,

Richard Symonds

Office Manager

Wikimedia UK

+44 7885 764 613

--

Wikimedia UK is the operating name of Wiki UK Limited, a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Our Registered Charity No. is 1144513. The Registered Office is at 23 Cartwright Way, Nottingham, NG9 1RL, United Kingdom.

Wikimedia UK is the local chapter of the Wikimedia Foundation (who operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects). It is an independent non-profit organization with no legal control over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.

Visit http://www.wikimedia.org.uk/ and @wikimediauk

Re: Calling all bus & coach enthusiasts

HJ Mitchell
Walk him through how...? Online, in person, over the phone?

Harry

Re: Calling all bus & coach enthusiasts

Fae-6
Don't forget to encourage him to think of uploading video. Short clips
of bendy buses bending, particularly showing the internal connecting
compartment in action as they concertina, would be cool on the related
articles.

PS "busses" is not BritEng ;-)

Cheers,
Fae

Re: Calling all bus & coach enthusiasts

Gordon Joly
On 01/12/2011 08:16, Fae wrote:
> PS "busses" is not BritEng;-)
PEDANT!

:-)

Gordo

--

Gordon Joly
[hidden email]

Re: Calling all bus & coach enthusiasts

Richard Symonds-3
All,

Many thanks for your support in this - a transport enthusiast (and GLAM
volunteer) from Europe has kindly offered to do what he can to walk our
donor through the process.

Richard

Re: Calling all bus & coach enthusiasts

Rich Farmbrough
It is a verb and a noun - e.g. "The bus-boy busses the busty bus
conductor on the lips."  Bendy busses sound very... interesting.

On topic... ...uploading the items to Commons is something I can help
with if they are mailed in a tar/rar/zip.

On 01/12/2011 08:16, Fae wrote:
> PS "busses" is not BritEng ;-)

Re: Calling all bus & coach enthusiasts

Chris Keating-2

On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 10:11 PM, Richard Farmbrough <[hidden email]> wrote:
It is a verb and a noun - e.g. "The bus-boy busses the busty bus
conductor on the lips."  Bendy busses sound very... interesting.

Thank heavens there aren't any buffalo involved.

Chris

Re: Calling all bus & coach enthusiasts

Doug Weller-2
Coincidentally, we are in Nashville at the moment (at the Grand Ole Opry) and the restaurant we ate at had busboys bussing tables and my wife asked me about their role.

How many uk cities now have bendy busses?

Doug

On Saturday, 3 December 2011, Richard Farmbrough <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It is a verb and a noun - e.g. "The bus-boy busses the busty bus
> conductor on the lips."  Bendy busses sound very... interesting.
>
> On topic... ...uploading the items to Commons is something I can help
> with if they are mailed in a tar/rar/zip.
>
> On 01/12/2011 08:16, Fae wrote:
>> PS "busses" is not BritEng ;-)

Doug Weller
http://www.ramtops.co.uk