Calling for Wikipedia Researchers

Xiaoli Zhao
Dear Wikipedia Researcher,

I am a doctoral student in Lehigh University’s Learning Science and
Technology Ph.D. program. I invite you, as an expert in this area, to
participate in my qualifying research project on collaboration within
the Wikipedia environment.

My study is to examine the social and technical factors that have
supported the creation and evolution of Wikipedia. In order to collect
experts’ opinions, I am employing a research methodology called the
“Delphi technique” (Linstone & Turoff, 1975), which derives consensus
among a group of experts using a series of questionnaires and feedback.

Thus, participation in this study will involve responding to one or more
online questionnaires. For more information about the method, please
visit http://www.lehigh.edu/~xiz4/. If you are interested in
participating in this research project, please take the survey at
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=gs8Gebnb3XwRGuOr8ZAeWw_3d_3d.

If you have more questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at
[hidden email]. Thank you for your participation.

Sincerely,
Xiaoli Zhao
Doctoral Student, Learning Sciences and Technology
Lehigh University
[hidden email]

Dr. M.J. Bishop
Associate Professor