Cambridge meetup 4 February (confirmation)

Cambridge meetup 4 February (confirmation)

Charles Matthews
I'm pleased to announce the next Cambridge meetup, on Saturday 4
February, usual time and place. See

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Meetup/Cambridge/14

And most particularly since we are expecting Jon Davies, Chief
Executive of WMUK, as our guest.

Charles

Re: Cambridge meetup 4 February (confirmation)

Gordon Joly
On 15/01/2012 19:05, Charles Matthews wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce the next Cambridge meetup, on Saturday 4
> February, usual time and place.

Really inviting for people who are attending for the first time?

Yes, I know the information is in the ink.... but all you need to say
(in the email) is CB2 and the time (!!!)

Gordo

--

Gordon Joly
[hidden email]

On 17 January 2012 09:57, Gordon Joly <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Really inviting for people who are attending for the first time?

Nitpick. It seems that everyone is a critic.

I actually took 5 hours and more off enWP editing on Sunday for
something else, as you can see from my contributions; and then needed
to get the meetup pages and templates done, communicate with Jon, and
worry about some things that are going on today also, before expanding
an article and going to bed. I'm not going to apologise for any of
that.

On 17/01/2012 10:58, Charles Matthews wrote:

> On 17 January 2012 09:57, Gordon Joly<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> Really inviting for people who are attending for the first time?
> Nitpick. It seems that everyone is a critic.
>
> I actually took 5 hours and more off enWP editing on Sunday for
> something else, as you can see from my contributions; and then needed
> to get the meetup pages and templates done, communicate with Jon, and
> worry about some things that are going on today also, before expanding
> an article and going to bed. I'm not going to apologise for any of
> that.
>
> Charles
OK. Point taken!

Gordo

--

Gordon Joly
[hidden email]
http://www.joly.org.uk/
Don't Leave Space To The Professionals!

Re: Cambridge meetup 4 February (confirmation)

Deryck Chan

To be fair, Charles's message was quite well-worded. It essentially says: "If you're a regular, stop reading now and just turn up on the day as usual. If you definitely can't make it, also stop reading now. If you are new and unsure whether you'd come, then please click the link to find out!" Good for most people, I guess!