Can I use ampersand and question sign in parameter of template?

Can I use ampersand and question sign in parameter of template?

Iliya Kuznetsov
Hello.

I use MW 1.5.6

My template AAA contains only:

== {{{1}}}   {{{2}}} {{{3}}} ==
{{{4}}}<br/>
{{{5}}}

After using {{AAA|1|2|3|[http://com.com]|5}} I got right answer, but after
{{AAA|1|2|3|[http://com.com?action=edit&action=talk wwwwww]|5}} got:

== 1 2 3 ==
5<br/>
{{{5}}}

Why I wrong? What should I use for getting:

== 1 2 3 ==
[http://com.com?action=edit&action=talk wwwwww]<br/>
5

?

--
Cybernetic Humanoid Used for Mathematics and Potential Assassination
[hidden email]                                       icq 122393064

Re: Can I use ampersand and question sign in parameter of template?

Tels
Moin,

On Sunday 19 February 2006 19:58, Iliya Kuznetsov wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I use MW 1.5.6
>
> My template AAA contains only:
>
> == {{{1}}}   {{{2}}} {{{3}}} ==
> {{{4}}}<br/>
> {{{5}}}
>
> After using {{AAA|1|2|3|[http://com.com]|5}} I got right answer, but
> after {{AAA|1|2|3|[http://com.com?action=edit&action=talk wwwwww]|5}}
> got:
>
> == 1 2 3 ==
> 5<br/>
> {{{5}}}
>
> Why I wrong? What should I use for getting:
>
> == 1 2 3 ==
> [http://com.com?action=edit&action=talk wwwwww]<br/>
> 5
That sounds like a bug. If your param 4 is always an URL, you can work
around that like so:

== {{{1}}}   {{{2}}} {{{3}}} ==
[{{{4}}}]<br/>
{{{5}}}

And use it

{{AAA|1|2|3|http://com.com|5}}
{{AAA|1|2|3|http://com.com test|5}}

Hope this helps,

Tels

--
 Signed on Sun Feb 19 20:35:30 2006 with key 0x93B84C15.
 PGP key on http://bloodgate.com/tels.asc or per email.

 This email violates U.S. patent #5,546,528 and EU patent EP0689133:

Re: Can I use ampersand and question sign in parameter of template?

Brion Vibber
Iliya Kuznetsov wrote:
> {{AAA|1|2|3|[http://com.com?action=edit&action=talk wwwwww]|5}} got:

Hint: the = sign separates a named template parameter's name from its value.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Re: Can I use ampersand and question sign in parameter of template?

Iliya Kuznetsov
How can I isolate this false equation sign?

For example, you can see http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Chumpa/Sandbox and make right answer.

Iliya Kuznetsov wrote:
> How can I isolate this false equation sign?

If this were a *named template parameter* you'd have another = in there which
separates the *name* from the *value*.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)