Can not login to nightshade and willow via ssh

Can not login to nightshade and willow via ssh

Danny B.
Hello,

I can't login to willow and nighsthade via ssh. They both show some welcome text and nighshade ends up at showing the "Last login: ...", willow at "The following screen sessions are active...". Nothing happens then, neither it continues, nor the connection gets disconnected.

Anybody has the same issues?

Kind regards

Danny B.

Re: Can not login to nightshade and willow via ssh

Artem Korzhimanov
Willow works fine for me. Nightshade has the similar trouble.

Best regards,
Artem.
________________________
Dr. Artem Korzhimanov
Research Scientist
Institute of Applied Physics
of the Russian Academy of Sciences
46 Ulyanov st., Nizhny Novgorod, Russia

2014-02-01 Danny B. <[hidden email]>:
Hello,

I can't login to willow and nighsthade via ssh. They both show some welcome text and nighshade ends up at showing the "Last login: ...", willow at "The following screen sessions are active...". Nothing happens then, neither it continues, nor the connection gets disconnected.

Anybody has the same issues?

Kind regards

Danny B.

Re: Can not login to nightshade and willow via ssh

Tim Landscheidt
(anonymous) wrote:

> I can't login to willow and nighsthade via ssh. They both show some welcome
> text and nighshade ends up at showing the "Last login: ...", willow at "The
> following screen sessions are active...". Nothing happens then, neither it
> continues, nor the connection gets disconnected.

> Anybody has the same issues?

ssh to nightshade works again (compared to last night), but
apparently hangs in /etc/profile.d/quota.sh.  Aborting that
with ^C, I get a prompt.  "ls /mnt" there shows user-store,
"ls -l /mnt" hangs in status D.  Accessing /mnt/user-store
on yarrow shows no problems; /etc/fstab's entries are iden-
tical on both hosts.

So it looks to me as if there's a problem with the
/mnt/user-store rosemary NFS mount on nightshade.

Tim

Re: Can not login to nightshade and willow via ssh

Daniel Schwen-2
There is a bit more wrong than just user-store. I was still logged in
to login.toolserver.org this morning but the filesystem wen away (home
dir). I closed the connection and tried to log back in without
success.

I wrote:

>> I can't login to willow and nighsthade via ssh. They both show some welcome
>> text and nighshade ends up at showing the "Last login: ...", willow at "The
>> following screen sessions are active...". Nothing happens then, neither it
>> continues, nor the connection gets disconnected.

>> Anybody has the same issues?

> ssh to nightshade works again (compared to last night), but
> apparently hangs in /etc/profile.d/quota.sh.  Aborting that
> with ^C, I get a prompt.  "ls /mnt" there shows user-store,
> "ls -l /mnt" hangs in status D.  Accessing /mnt/user-store
> on yarrow shows no problems; /etc/fstab's entries are iden-
> tical on both hosts.

> So it looks to me as if there's a problem with the
> /mnt/user-store rosemary NFS mount on nightshade.

Now yarrow has apparently the same problem.

Tim