[Cargo][Semantic forms] Size of input type map

[Cargo][Semantic forms] Size of input type map

Luis Miguel Morillas
Hi all,

I'm using semantic forms in a mediawiki with Cargo.

A form has a coordinates type (input type=openlayers or googlemaps) [1]

I have got some questions. Is it possible to set the width, height and
zoom of the map? I'm using
  {{{field|coord|input
type=openlayers|center=41.6561,-0.8773|width=400px|height=400px|size=40}}}
but it seems not to work.

Another question, is it possible to connect the input with other field
(i. e. some field with the address info) to set a default geolocation?

Best,

[1] http://area47mil.educa.aragon.es/wiki/Formulario:Centro

-- luismiguel  (@lmorillas)

Re: [Cargo][Semantic forms] Size of input type map

Yaron Koren-2
Hi Luis,

No, none of those parameters are available for SF's map inputs. Probably at
least "height" and "width" should be options.

No, there's no way to connect the map input to an address input, to prevent
users from having to type in the address twice. That's something that
people have asked about a lot (including for the Semantic Maps versions of
those inputs), but there's no easy way to connect them.

-Yaron

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 5:08 AM, Luis Miguel Morillas <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using semantic forms in a mediawiki with Cargo.
>
> A form has a coordinates type (input type=openlayers or googlemaps) [1]
>
> I have got some questions. Is it possible to set the width, height and
> zoom of the map? I'm using
>   {{{field|coord|input
> type=openlayers|center=41.6561,-0.8773|width=400px|height=400px|size=40}}}
> but it seems not to work.
>
> Another question, is it possible to connect the input with other field
> (i. e. some field with the address info) to set a default geolocation?
>
> Best,
>
> [1] http://area47mil.educa.aragon.es/wiki/Formulario:Centro
>
> -- luismiguel  (@lmorillas)

Re: [Cargo][Semantic forms] Size of input type map

chris tharp-2
Hi Yaron,

Wouldn't the following extension solve this problem (in theory):

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:AutoFillFormField

I haven't tried the extension yet (since I just found it), but it seems this would be the type of case it would be good at solving (if the extension works).

Chris

Sent from my iPad

> On Jan 21, 2016, at 7:01 PM, Yaron Koren <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Luis,
>
> No, none of those parameters are available for SF's map inputs. Probably at
> least "height" and "width" should be options.
>
> No, there's no way to connect the map input to an address input, to prevent
> users from having to type in the address twice. That's something that
> people have asked about a lot (including for the Semantic Maps versions of
> those inputs), but there's no easy way to connect them.
>
> -Yaron
>
> On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 5:08 AM, Luis Miguel Morillas <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm using semantic forms in a mediawiki with Cargo.
>>
>> A form has a coordinates type (input type=openlayers or googlemaps) [1]
>>
>> I have got some questions. Is it possible to set the width, height and
>> zoom of the map? I'm using
>>  {{{field|coord|input
>> type=openlayers|center=41.6561,-0.8773|width=400px|height=400px|size=40}}}
>> but it seems not to work.
>>
>> Another question, is it possible to connect the input with other field
>> (i. e. some field with the address info) to set a default geolocation?
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> [1] http://area47mil.educa.aragon.es/wiki/Formulario:Centro
>>
>> -- luismiguel  (@lmorillas)

Re: [Cargo][Semantic forms] Size of input type map

Yaron Koren-2
I don't think that extension would work with maps, given how the map
"address lookup" field is structured; but it could well be that a similar
mechanism could be used to connect address and map inputs, either in a new
extension or directly added to Semantic Forms.

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 10:54 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Yaron,
>
> Wouldn't the following extension solve this problem (in theory):
>
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:AutoFillFormField
>
> I haven't tried the extension yet (since I just found it), but it seems
> this would be the type of case it would be good at solving (if the
> extension works).
>
> Chris
>

> Sent from my iPad
>
> > On Jan 21, 2016, at 7:01 PM, Yaron Koren <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Luis,
> >
> > No, none of those parameters are available for SF's map inputs. Probably
> at
> > least "height" and "width" should be options.
> >
> > No, there's no way to connect the map input to an address input, to
> prevent
> > users from having to type in the address twice. That's something that
> > people have asked about a lot (including for the Semantic Maps versions
> of
> > those inputs), but there's no easy way to connect them.
> >
> > -Yaron
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 5:08 AM, Luis Miguel Morillas <
> [hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I'm using semantic forms in a mediawiki with Cargo.
> >>
> >> A form has a coordinates type (input type=openlayers or googlemaps) [1]
> >>
> >> I have got some questions. Is it possible to set the width, height and
> >> zoom of the map? I'm using
> >>  {{{field|coord|input
> >>
> type=openlayers|center=41.6561,-0.8773|width=400px|height=400px|size=40}}}
> >> but it seems not to work.
> >>
> >> Another question, is it possible to connect the input with other field
> >> (i. e. some field with the address info) to set a default geolocation?
> >>
> >> Best,
> >>
> >> [1] http://area47mil.educa.aragon.es/wiki/Formulario:Centro
> >>
> >> -- luismiguel  (@lmorillas)

> > WikiWorks · MediaWiki Consulting · http://wikiworks.com

Re: [Cargo][Semantic forms] Size of input type map

Fannon
Hello Luis,

I'd advise against using the extension you've linked. I'm the author of it
and it is really just a prototype, written for one specific wiki/use case.

In theory, the extension -could- solve the problem, though as it calculates
the filled-in text dynamically in JS. There would be the need to make an
external API call to translate an adress to geocoordinates, though. This is
something that would require some effort.

But I agree with Yaron, this would best be served within SF or as a
separate extension.

Best,
Simon

> I don't think that extension would work with maps, given how the map
> "address lookup" field is structured; but it could well be that a similar
> mechanism could be used to connect address and map inputs, either in a new
> extension or directly added to Semantic Forms.
>
> On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 10:54 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Yaron,
> >
> > Wouldn't the following extension solve this problem (in theory):
> >
> > https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:AutoFillFormField
> >
> > I haven't tried the extension yet (since I just found it), but it seems
> > this would be the type of case it would be good at solving (if the
> > extension works).
> >
> > Chris
> >

> > Sent from my iPad
> >
> > > On Jan 21, 2016, at 7:01 PM, Yaron Koren <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Luis,
> > >
> > > No, none of those parameters are available for SF's map inputs.
> Probably
> > at
> > > least "height" and "width" should be options.
> > >
> > > No, there's no way to connect the map input to an address input, to
> > prevent
> > > users from having to type in the address twice. That's something that
> > > people have asked about a lot (including for the Semantic Maps versions
> > of
> > > those inputs), but there's no easy way to connect them.
> > >
> > > -Yaron
> > >
> > > On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 5:08 AM, Luis Miguel Morillas <
> > [hidden email]>

> [1]

> type=openlayers|center=41.6561,-0.8773|width=400px|height=400px|size=40}}}

> > > --
> > > WikiWorks · MediaWiki Consulting · http://wikiworks.com

Re: [Cargo][Semantic forms] Size of input type map

Luis Miguel Morillas
No, I'm not using this extension. This is the idea I had in mind, but
I didn't know this extension :)

Thanks for the advice, Simon
Saludos,

-- luismiguel  (@lmorillas)