Carrying bags into the ICC

Matthew Pintar
Will it be ok to bring our bags to the welcome party in the ICC for those of us staying in the dorms or who otherwise can't take our stuff back to our rooms?

Re: Carrying bags into the ICC

Paul Selitskas
http://www.sky100.com.hk/sky100-guest-policy.php

Apparently, not. If organizers allow, we could keep the bags somewhere here, and then take them back on the way back to dorms.

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 4:24 PM, Matthew Pintar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Will it be ok to bring our bags to the welcome party in the ICC for those of us staying in the dorms or who otherwise can't take our stuff back to our rooms?

З павагай,
Павел Селіцкас/Pavel Selitskas
Wizardist @ Wikimedia projects

Re: Carrying bags into the ICC

Michael Peel
It looks like no photographs can be posted on Commons either. From their guest policy:

"Photographs and videos may be taken for personal use. Commercial photography is strictly prohibited except with prior permission."

Or is a there an exception for this event?

Thanks,
Mike

On 8 Aug 2013, at 16:50, Paul Selitskas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> http://www.sky100.com.hk/sky100-guest-policy.php
>
> Apparently, not. If organizers allow, we could keep the bags somewhere here, and then take them back on the way back to dorms.
>

> On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 4:24 PM, Matthew Pintar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Will it be ok to bring our bags to the welcome party in the ICC for those of us staying in the dorms or who otherwise can't take our stuff back to our rooms?

> З павагай,
> Павел Селіцкас/Pavel Selitskas
> Wizardist @ Wikimedia projects

Re: Carrying bags into the ICC

Daniel Schwen-2
This is not strictly a copyright issue. The pictures can be posted to
commons, but the uploader might be held liable. Correct me if I'm
wrong.

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 4:57 PM, Michael Peel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It looks like no photographs can be posted on Commons either. From their guest policy:
>
> "Photographs and videos may be taken for personal use. Commercial photography is strictly prohibited except with prior permission."
>
> Or is a there an exception for this event?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike
>
> On 8 Aug 2013, at 16:50, Paul Selitskas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> http://www.sky100.com.hk/sky100-guest-policy.php
>>
>> Apparently, not. If organizers allow, we could keep the bags somewhere here, and then take them back on the way back to dorms.
>>

>> On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 4:24 PM, Matthew Pintar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Will it be ok to bring our bags to the welcome party in the ICC for those of us staying in the dorms or who otherwise can't take our stuff back to our rooms?

>> --
>> З павагай,
>> Павел Селіцкас/Pavel Selitskas
>> Wizardist @ Wikimedia projects

Re: Carrying bags into the ICC

Gabriel Thullen
The Hong Kong Wikimedia chapter should contact the ICC now and ask for their explicit permission.

All the Wikimedia big wigs are around to add weight to your request, and it is a good learning experience for you for future requests! I really think you should try asking them. I will volunteer my chapter president, Charles Andres, to give you a hand. He is used to that kind of stuff.

Gabe