Cascadia Wikimedians application for 501(c)(3) registration has been filed

Cascadia Wikimedians application for 501(c)(3) registration has been filed

Pine W

Hi everyone,

The attorney who is assisting Cascadia Wikimedians with our 501(c)(3) application informed me today that our application has been submitted to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service.

The IRS sometimes asks questions about applications. Hopefully we will hear back from the IRS within the next few months. (:

In the long term there are likely to be important benefits to Cascadia from receiving 501(c)(3) registration, including access to free or discounted products and services, increased ease of independent fundraising, and favorable treatment by government agencies.

I am grateful to the Wikimedia Foundation for providing us the funds to enable this step toward our long-term success.

Pine