Casey's email

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Casey's email

Jay Walsh
Hi folks,

I just wanted to say thanks in advance and 'hi' from where I sit following Casey's note and Aphaia's response. We're incredibly fortunate to have this
much translation capacity in our midst at the Foundation.  I don't want to interrupt the flow of your work, but please let me know if there's ever
anything I can do to help.

Best,

--
Jay Walsh
Head of Communications
WikimediaFoundation.org
1 (415) 287-0680

_______________________________________________
Translators-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Casey's email

KIZU Naoko
On Jan 25, 2008 2:46 AM, Jay A. Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I just wanted to say thanks in advance and 'hi' from where I sit following Casey's note and Aphaia's response. We're incredibly fortunate to have this
> much translation capacity in our midst at the Foundation.

Welcome aboard, Jay.
(as for "where I sit" see also : [[wikimedia:User:JayWalsh]]. I don't
know exactly your geo location though)

> I don't want to interrupt the flow of your work, but please let me know if there's ever
> anything I can do to help.

You are welcome to gather nice photos of your colleagues .. :)
Ah, and as for translation, there is an interesting thread on
foundation-l right now. It covers barely our concern about work
priority between languages so I think it best everyone give a look to
the thread, and if any, give an insight. I think we are doing well,
but I'm too greedy to be satisfied with anything I could have gotten
more :D

> Best,
>
> --
> Jay Walsh
> Head of Communications
> WikimediaFoundation.org
> 1 (415) 287-0680
>
> _______________________________________________
> Translators-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l
>



--
KIZU Naoko
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/Britty (in Japanese)
Quote of the Day (English): http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/WQ:QOTD

_______________________________________________
Translators-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Casey's email

Casey Brown-3
On Jan 24, 2008 8:07 PM, Aphaia <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Jan 25, 2008 2:46 AM, Jay A. Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I just wanted to say thanks in advance and 'hi' from where I sit following Casey's note and Aphaia's response. We're incredibly fortunate to have this
> > much translation capacity in our midst at the Foundation.
>
> Welcome aboard, Jay.
> (as for "where I sit" see also : [[wikimedia:User:JayWalsh]]. I don't
> know exactly your geo location though)

I believe he's in British Columbia, Canada right now but will move to
San Francisco later.

>
> > I don't want to interrupt the flow of your work, but please let me know if there's ever
> > anything I can do to help.
>
> You are welcome to gather nice photos of your colleagues .. :)

I asked he and Cary to do the same. :-D (So we can make Current staff
prettier!)  I think they said February probably.

> Ah, and as for translation, there is an interesting thread on
> foundation-l right now. It covers barely our concern about work
> priority between languages so I think it best everyone give a look to
> the thread, and if any, give an insight. I think we are doing well,
> but I'm too greedy to be satisfied with anything I could have gotten
> more :D
>
> > Best,
> >
> > --
> > Jay Walsh
> > Head of Communications
> > WikimediaFoundation.org
> > 1 (415) 287-0680
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Translators-l mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l
> >
>
>
>
> --
> KIZU Naoko
> http://d.hatena.ne.jp/Britty (in Japanese)
> Quote of the Day (English): http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/WQ:QOTD
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Translators-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l
>



--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023

---
Note:  This e-mail address is used for mailing lists.  Personal emails sent to
this address will probably get lost.

_______________________________________________
Translators-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/translators-l