Changes require Verified+2 to be merged by CI

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Changes require Verified+2 to be merged by CI

Antoine Musso-3
Hello,

I have upgraded Zuul this morning which has a slight regression.  To be
considered for merging, Zuul require the change to have a Verified +2.

In most case that is not a problem since the tests ran and voted V+2
already.  But there is a few other cases where Verified is 0 or -1.


The workaround is thus to manually vote Verified +2 in addition to
Code-Review +2.  You might have to remove the prior CR+2 to have the
change properly recognized.


The task is:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T106531

Will give it a shot tomorrow.

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso


_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Changes require Verified+2 to be merged by CI

Krinkle
> On 22 Jul 2015, at 09:28, Antoine Musso <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have upgraded Zuul this morning which has a slight regression.  To be
> considered for merging, Zuul require the change to have a Verified +2.
>
> In most case that is not a problem since the tests ran and voted V+2
> already.  But there is a few other cases where Verified is 0 or -1.
>

This primarily affects cases where:

* Someone CR+2's a change that is so new it doesn't have the V-vote from jenkins-bot yet.

* Someone CR+2's a change that was previously failing but is now fixed and jenkins is still running the build.

So this breaks cases where someone does a provisional CR+2 with the concurrent dependency that Jenkins will pass.

>
> The workaround is thus to manually vote Verified +2 in addition to
> Code-Review +2.  You might have to remove the prior CR+2 to have the
> change properly recognized.
>
>

Please don't (and in many repos, people can't). This bypasses Jenkins and causes other inconsistencies. Instead wait until Jenkins is done and then CR+2 it.

-- Krinkle


_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Changes require Verified+2 to be merged by CI

Antoine Musso-3
In reply to this post by Antoine Musso-3
Le 22/07/2015 18:28, Antoine Musso a écrit :
>
> The task is:
> https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T106531
>
> Will give it a shot tomorrow.

I got stomped with other task in the morning and by the time I had the
new Zuul package ready, it was already SWAT deploy.

So the fix is further delayed to Friday European morning which is almost
not a Friday deploy :-}

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso


_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Changes require Verified+2 to be merged by CI

Antoine Musso-3
Le 23/07/2015 21:54, Antoine Musso a écrit :

> Le 22/07/2015 18:28, Antoine Musso a écrit :
>>
>> The task is:
>> https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T106531
>>
>> Will give it a shot tomorrow.
>
> I got stomped with other task in the morning and by the time I had the
> new Zuul package ready, it was already SWAT deploy.
>
> So the fix is further delayed to Friday European morning which is almost
> not a Friday deploy :-}


This is now fixed.  A CR+2 on a change will enter the gate-and-submit
regardless of the Verified vote.

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso


_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l