Changing CSS

Larry Martell
I want to make a CSS change. I found the CSS I need to change in
skins/MonoBook/main.css (I want to change #p-logo a). I changed it
there, but the change does not seem to take effect. I did restart the
PHP process but still no joy.

Now I realize skins/MonoBook/main.css is probably not the best place
to make this change. I googled and it says to change Common.css. But I
do not have that file. Where would that file be located?

Re: Changing CSS

Hermann Schwärzler
Hi Larry

that's
MediaWiki:Common.css

In case you want to use JavaScript as well there is
MediaWiki:Common.js

Greetings
Hermann

On 07/12/2017 01:59 PM, Larry Martell wrote:

> I want to make a CSS change. I found the CSS I need to change in
> skins/MonoBook/main.css (I want to change #p-logo a). I changed it
> there, but the change does not seem to take effect. I did restart the
> PHP process but still no joy.
>
> Now I realize skins/MonoBook/main.css is probably not the best place
> to make this change. I googled and it says to change Common.css. But I
> do not have that file. Where would that file be located?

Re: Changing CSS

Larry Martell
What would the path on my system to that file be? I see a dir
extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/src/MediaWiki - would I put the
Common.css in there?

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 8:13 AM, Hermann Schwärzler
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Larry
>
> that's
> MediaWiki:Common.css
>
> In case you want to use JavaScript as well there is
> MediaWiki:Common.js
>
> Greetings
> Hermann
>
> On 07/12/2017 01:59 PM, Larry Martell wrote:
>> I want to make a CSS change. I found the CSS I need to change in
>> skins/MonoBook/main.css (I want to change #p-logo a). I changed it
>> there, but the change does not seem to take effect. I did restart the
>> PHP process but still no joy.
>>
>> Now I realize skins/MonoBook/main.css is probably not the best place
>> to make this change. I googled and it says to change Common.css. But I
>> do not have that file. Where would that file be located?

Re: Changing CSS

Hermann Schwärzler
Hi Larry,

that's not a file in your filesystem.
That's a page in your wiki!

Greetings
Hermann

On 07/12/2017 02:17 PM, Larry Martell wrote:

> What would the path on my system to that file be? I see a dir
> extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/src/MediaWiki - would I put the
> Common.css in there?
>

> On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 8:13 AM, Hermann Schwärzler
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Larry
>>
>> that's
>> MediaWiki:Common.css
>>
>> In case you want to use JavaScript as well there is
>> MediaWiki:Common.js
>>
>> Greetings
>> Hermann
>>
>> On 07/12/2017 01:59 PM, Larry Martell wrote:
>>> I want to make a CSS change. I found the CSS I need to change in
>>> skins/MonoBook/main.css (I want to change #p-logo a). I changed it
>>> there, but the change does not seem to take effect. I did restart the
>>> PHP process but still no joy.
>>>
>>> Now I realize skins/MonoBook/main.css is probably not the best place
>>> to make this change. I googled and it says to change Common.css. But I
>>> do not have that file. Where would that file be located?

Re: Changing CSS

Larry Martell
Thanks! I got it working.