Changing "messages" values

Martin C. Martin
Hi all,

I'm hoping to use MediaWiki to run my personal web site.  MediaWiki, out
of the box, contains a lot of links to non-existent pages, e.g. at the
bottom of every page are "about" and "disclaimers" links.  What's a
clean way of getting rid of these?

I tried changing the "about" related lines in languages/Messages.php to
empty strings, i.e.:

'about'                 => '',
'aboutsite'             => '',
'aboutpage'             => '',

but no luck.  I also tried putting the following in LocalSettings.php:

$wgAllMessagesEn['about']='';
$wgAllMessagesEn['aboutsite']='';
$wgAllMessagesEn['aboutpage']='';

$wgAllMessages['about']='';
$wgAllMessages['aboutsite']='';
$wgAllMessages['aboutpage']='';

But every page still has a working "About MyWiki" link at the bottom.
How can I delete it?  Where is it getting those values from?  Is there
something I can put in my LocalSettings.php that will eliminate those links?

Thanks,
Martin

Re: Changing "messages" values

Rob Church
On 04/06/06, Martin C. Martin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm hoping to use MediaWiki to run my personal web site.  MediaWiki, out
> of the box, contains a lot of links to non-existent pages, e.g. at the
> bottom of every page are "about" and "disclaimers" links.  What's a
> clean way of getting rid of these?

Edit the MediaWiki namespace to customise the interface text. See
Special:Allmessages for a list of all customisable text.

Rob Church

Rob Church wrote:

> Edit the MediaWiki namespace to customise the interface text. See
> Special:Allmessages for a list of all customisable text.

Dude!  ;-) Wow, that's easy.

Thanks,
Martin