Charity Status - some questions.

Gordon Joly

1) Are all members of Company (limited by guarantee) now members of the
registered charity?

2) Are all Directors of the Company now Trustees of the registered charity?

3) Is the Charity planning to become a "Charitable Incorporated
Organisation" in 2012 (subject to the secondary legislation being passed
by Parliament)?

See  http://bit.ly/CIO_explained

Gordo

--

Gordon Joly
[hidden email]

Re: Charity Status - some questions.

Michael Peel-4

On 15 Nov 2011, at 15:18, Gordon Joly wrote:

> 1) Are all members of Company (limited by guarantee) now members of the
> registered charity?
> 2) Are all Directors of the Company now Trustees of the registered charity?

Yes to both. Nothing's changed here - the company continues to be limited by guarantee, with the same company number as before, and on top of that it's recognised as a charity, with a charity number.

> 3) Is the Charity planning to become a "Charitable Incorporated
> Organisation" in 2012 (subject to the secondary legislation being passed
> by Parliament)?
> See  http://bit.ly/CIO_explained

We've talked about this before (it's something we were even thinking about back in 2008 when we were setting up the company), but we haven't made a formal plan/decision, and personally I'm not sure there's much point doing that until there's a definite date for when the option will become available to us.

Thanks,
Mike

On 15/11/2011 14:27, Michael Peel wrote:
> We've talked about this before (it's something we were even thinking about back in 2008 when we were setting up the company), but we haven't made a formal plan/decision, and personally I'm not sure there's much point doing that until there's a definite date for when the option will become available to us.
There will be rush of applications! The chance to send in one annual
return rather than two is a big plus for any (small) charity.

Gordo