Check for banning

Luca Libonati

Hi all,
I'm trying to call wikimedia api whithout success.
Everything works fine until today. I could call api and get results.
From today, when I call the api, it keep loading without return any result.

I checked here https://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=spamblacklist&url=http://freetouse.co/ to see if the url is banned but everything seems ok.

Is there another way to check if my ip is banned?

Best,
Luca

Fwd: Check for banning

Luca Libonati

-- JUST A SECOND TENTATIVE TO UNDERSTAND IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS EMAIL --
-- I DON'T KNOW IF I NEED TO WAIT FOR AN OPT IN TO WRITE TO THE LIST --

Hi all,
I'm trying to call wikimedia api whithout success.
Everything works fine until today. I could call api and get results.
From today, when I call the api, it keep loading without return any result.

I checked here https://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=spamblacklist&url=http://freetouse.co/ to see if the url is banned but everything seems ok.

Is there another way to check if my ip is banned?

Best,
Luca

Re: Fwd: Check for banning

Luca Libonati

Thank you!
I'm sorry for the second email.

I use as User agent this line of php:
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_USERAGENT,$_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']);

Now it seems the block is gone.
Did you do something on your side?
There is something I can do to avoid this issue again?

Thank you
Luca

We received your email, how are you connecting, what User Agent are you using? and what error message are you getting?

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 3:19 PM, Luca Libonati <[hidden email]> wrote:

-- JUST A SECOND TENTATIVE TO UNDERSTAND IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS EMAIL --
-- I DON'T KNOW IF I NEED TO WAIT FOR AN OPT IN TO WRITE TO THE LIST --

Hi all,
I'm trying to call wikimedia api whithout success.
Everything works fine until today. I could call api and get results.
From today, when I call the api, it keep loading without return any result.

I checked here https://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=spamblacklist&url=http://freetouse.co/ to see if the url is banned but everything seems ok.

Is there another way to check if my ip is banned?

Best,
Luca

Re: Fwd: Check for banning

Luca Libonati
Sorry for spam.
My vps provider says they blocked the script.
Now it works.
Thank you really for your help!
Luca

Thank you!
I'm sorry for the second email.

I use as User agent this line of php:
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_USERAGENT,$_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']);

Now it seems the block is gone.
Did you do something on your side?
There is something I can do to avoid this issue again?

Thank you
Luca

We received your email, how are you connecting, what User Agent are you using? and what error message are you getting?

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 3:19 PM, Luca Libonati <[hidden email]> wrote:

-- JUST A SECOND TENTATIVE TO UNDERSTAND IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS EMAIL --
-- I DON'T KNOW IF I NEED TO WAIT FOR AN OPT IN TO WRITE TO THE LIST --

Hi all,
I'm trying to call wikimedia api whithout success.
Everything works fine until today. I could call api and get results.
From today, when I call the api, it keep loading without return any result.

I checked here https://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=spamblacklist&url=http://freetouse.co/ to see if the url is banned but everything seems ok.

Is there another way to check if my ip is banned?

Best,
Luca

Re: Fwd: Check for banning

Platonides
On 24/06/16 21:35, Luca Libonati wrote:

> Thank you!
> I'm sorry for the second email.
>
> I use as User agent this line of php:
> curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_USERAGENT,$_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']);
>
> Now it seems the block is gone.
> Did you do something on your side?
> There is something I can do to avoid this issue again?
>
> Thank you
> Luca

You should use an user agent identifying your script, not the user agent
of whoever is visiting your page…

Re: Fwd: Check for banning

Luca Libonati
ok. I change it with a custom one.
Have used this founding it on some script online.
Thank you again!
Luca