Checking out a branch of API

Eddie Roger
I've been lurking on the mailing list for a while, and I'd like to
contribute to API development. I'm  not new to PHP programming or
MediaWiki, but I am new to SVN, and I'm having trouble checking out
the source to start playing with it. I apologize greatly for such a
question on the list, but is there a doc about accessing MediaWiki's
svn server I can scan somewhere? Or, just the address to access the
server? I've used ViewVC to look at the branches and trunk, but when I
copy and paste that address to TortoiseSVN, I get the following error.
Thanks for the help, and I look forward to contributing!

Error: PROPFIND of '/mediawiki/branches/ApiEdit_Vodafone': 405 Method
Not Allowed (http://svn.wikimedia.org)

Eddie

Re: Checking out a branch of API

Roan Kattouw
Eddie Roger schreef:

> I've used ViewVC to look at the branches and trunk, but when I
> copy and paste that address to TortoiseSVN, I get the following error.
> Thanks for the help, and I look forward to contributing!
>
> Error: PROPFIND of '/mediawiki/branches/ApiEdit_Vodafone': 405 Method
> Not Allowed (http://svn.wikimedia.org)
>
> Eddie

You should replace 'viewvc' with 'svnroot' in the URL. The URL to the
apiedit branches then become:

http://svn.wikimedia.org/svnroot/mediawiki/branches/ApiEdit_Vodafone/