Chinese wiki

kent sin
Can somebody point me to the installation of Chinese mediawiki? The
source refer to some daemon, does it work only in Linux?

--
Sin Hang Kin.

Re: Chinese wiki

Zj Bean
Chinese mediawiki?just like other languages,when you install
mediawiki,you choose your language,then you will have your "chinese
wiki".

mediawiki only works in PHP+MySQL

Re: Chinese wiki

kent sin
There are zhdaemon, do i need it?

I have some Chinese pages in the wiki. It works fine, but search do not work.

How can I make search work?

On 5/13/06, Zj Bean <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Chinese mediawiki?just like other languages,when you install
> mediawiki,you choose your language,then you will have your "chinese
> wiki".
>
> mediawiki only works in PHP+MySQL

Sin Hang Kin.

Re: Chinese wiki

Brion Vibber
kent sin wrote:
> There are zhdaemon, do i need it?

No.

> I have some Chinese pages in the wiki. It works fine, but search do not work.

Please be detailed.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Re: Chinese wiki

kent sin
I can only jump to titles exactly. When I type some chinese and press
SEARCH, even I knew it is in the title, but it is not in the search
result. It seems to me that the chinese is not segmented.

The source say that zhdaemon is used to convert traditional and
simplified Chinese as well as use for segmentation. I am wondering if
this is related to the search function. If it is needed, how can I set
it up?

> kent sin wrote:
> > There are zhdaemon, do i need it?
>
> No.
>
> > I have some Chinese pages in the wiki. It works fine, but search do not work.
>
> Please be detailed.
>
> -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Sin Hang Kin.

built new extension-cache trouble problem

Erik Mermagen
I created a new extension. You can see it implemented and not working
here:
http://wikimoto.org/wikimoto/index.php?title=Test

a working version of it OUTSIDE the wiki is here:
http://wikimoto.org/test_bin/styleTests3.php

It needs to be run everytime the button is hit but I only get the
cached page in the wiki.
I'm running version 1.5.8 and http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/
MediaWiki_extensions_FAQ suggests that I should include

$parser->disableCache();
  in my hook function.

The suggestion on that same page for version 1.4 suggests other
options that also don't work. Such as:

  $ts = mktime();
$now = gmdate("YmdHis", $ts + 120);
$ns = $wgTitle->getNamespace();
$ti = wfStrencode($wgTitle->getDBkey());
$sql = "UPDATE cur SET cur_touched='$now' WHERE cur_namespace=$ns AND
cur_title='$ti'";
wfQuery($sql, DB_WRITE, "");

This results in

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/httpd/
vhosts/wikimoto.org/httpdocs/wikimoto/extensions/donation4email.php
on line 71

If I back up even further and attempt to utilize

$wgParser->disableCache();
global $wgTitle;
$dbw =& wfGetDB( DB_MASTER );
$dbw->update( 'cur', array( 'cur_touched' => $dbw->timestamp( time()
+ 120 ) ),
     array(
         'cur_namespace' => $wgTitle->getNamespace(),
         'cur_title' => $wgTitle->getDBkey()
     ), 'wfEmailDonationExtension'
);

then I recieve the error message
A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug
in the software. The last attempted database query was:
(SQL query hidden)
from within function "wfEmailDonationExtension". MySQL returned error
"1146: Table 'wiki254915KjkhKJH354.mw_cur' doesn't exist (localhost)".

the code for the extenstion is here (too many characters to post here)
[url]http://wikimoto.org/wikimoto/index.php?
title=Mail_Donation&action=edit[/url]

I sure could use some help folks.
Thanks,
Erik

Re: Chinese wiki

Brion Vibber
kent sin wrote:
> I can only jump to titles exactly. When I type some chinese and press
> SEARCH, even I knew it is in the title, but it is not in the search
> result. It seems to me that the chinese is not segmented.

Please confirm the following:
1) Your wiki is set to Chinese ($wgLanguageCode = "zh"; in LocalSettings.php)
2) This was set before you edited the pages. If not, edit them again to ensure
they are re-saved into the search index table.
3) Provide some exact sample search terms you are using.
4) Provide the URL to your site and some pages you are trying to search for so
we can examine them. If your site is a private site behind a firewall, please
try to set up a public one or else provide the exact texts of the pages you are
testing with so we can attempt to duplicate the problem.

> The source say that zhdaemon is used to convert traditional and
> simplified Chinese as well as use for segmentation. I am wondering if
> this is related to the search function. If it is needed, how can I set
> it up?

No, it's not used, and not needed. That refers to some experimental tool which
is not used.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Re: built new extension-cache trouble problem

Erik Mermagen
for version 1.5.8
just include in the second function (not the hook function):

global $wgTitle;
        $dbw =& wfGetDB( DB_MASTER );
        $dbw->update( 'page', array( 'page_touched' => $dbw->timestamp( time
() + 120 ) ),
      array(
          'page_namespace' => $wgTitle->getNamespace(),
          'page_title' => $wgTitle->getDBkey()
      ), 'name of your Extension as defined in $wgExtensionFunctions
[] ='
        );

It works fine now as seen here:
http://wikimoto.org/wikimoto/index.php?title=WikiMoto:Site_support

On May 13, 2006, at 1:22 PM, Erik Mermagen wrote:

[...]

Thank you. It works now.