Clean-up your homes

DaB.-2
Hello all,

soon the partion where /home is stored will be full (only 5GB are left). Below
you will find the list of the Top-25-space-user. If you are on the list, please
realy look why you need so much space and clean-up if possible (the normal
quota for home is 500MB or 1GB). If there is no process until sunday (or if
/home runs full), the roots will look into these homes and clean themself.

If you are not on the list, it doesn't hurt to have a look at your home too
;-).

Clean-up means: Delete or compress or truncate or move it to the user-store if
other people can use it too (the user-store is no waste dump for big files no-
one need of corse ;-)).

Sincerly
DaB.

2.9G    joegazz84
2.9G    mzmcbride
3.0G    danny_b
3.6G    flacus
3.7G    hydriz
3.9G    rriver
4.8G    saper
4.9G    tparscal
5.1G    cbm
6.8G    werdna
7.8G    mjbmr
8.0G    hippietrail
8.4G    voj
9.5G    myst
11G     kolossos
11G     rsumi
12G     wikitanvir
13G     baptiste
17G     dschwen
21G     prolineserver
40G     project
44G     sk
70G     daniel
90G     grimlock
106G    alebot

--
Userpage: [[:w:de:User:DaB.]] — PGP: 2B255885

Re: Clean-up your homes

Jan Luca
Hi,

"40G     project" I think this should be OK ;-)

Best regards,
Jan

At Monday 05 September 2011 16:59:35 DaB. wrote:
> "40G     project" I think this should be OK ;-)

yes, sorry.

2.8G    dispenser

is the next on the list ;-).

Sincerly,
DaB.

--
Userpage: [[:w:de:User:DaB.]] — PGP: 2B255885

Re: Clean-up your homes

Marcin Cieslak-3
< 4.8G    saper

now:

> 238.8M saper

Btw. I have an automatically updated copy of Mediawiki SVN
repository here, so you can save space if you have your
own copy.

/mnt/user-store/mediawiki/

(the copy is being pulled via hgsvn into Mercurial,
so Mercurial commands operate here on revisions - see hginit.com
for introduction).

//Marcin

Re: Clean-up your homes

Platonides
Marcin Cieslak wrote:

> <  4.8G    saper
>
> now:
>
>> 238.8M saper
>
> Btw. I have an automatically updated copy of Mediawiki SVN
> repository here, so you can save space if you have your
> own copy.
>
> /mnt/user-store/mediawiki/
>
> (the copy is being pulled via hgsvn into Mercurial,
> so Mercurial commands operate here on revisions - see hginit.com
> for introduction).
>
> //Marcin

Checkouts (often outdated) of mediawiki and pywikipedia are quite
common. Maybe they should be provided as a toolserver service.

Re: Clean-up your homes

Dr. Trigon

Re: Clean-up your homes

Alex Brollo
I'm the driver of Alebot, I apologyze for a mistake that wasted a lot of space; I misinterpreted the "1 giga limit" and I was confident that server would not allow that a larger server space is used. :-(. I was wrong.

Now, I deleted all what I could. Can anyone of you take a look and to tell me how much alebot is using now, if it's not a too annoying task? Thanks!

Alex brollo

Re: Clean-up your homes

Jeremy Baron
On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 03:26, Alex Brollo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Can anyone of you take a look and to tell
> me how much alebot is using now, if it's not a too annoying task? Thanks!
> Alex brollo

Just run this yourself:

du -sh ~alebot

-Jeremy

Repositories for bot code

Marcin Cieslak-3
>> Dr. Trigon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> ...but I need exact the outdated pywikipedia checkout... ;))
>
> (ok in fact it's a drtrigobot checkout which is based on
> pywikipedia)

I looked at your SVN (in case we'd like to create
a shared repository or put it into Pywiki's SVN) and I, too,
found that you have actually your own copy of pywikipedia
there. Are there any local changes that would need to be
included in the mainline?

By the way, I and couple of other bot operators
from plwiki decided to share our code in a single repository.
We are using mercurial for that and it's publicly available:

http://bitbucket.org/plwiki/bot/

Pywikipedia-based code, Perl code and Common Lisp is available.
Also some code for my wikipedia-related IRC bots is available there as
well.

I never include pywikipedia snapshot in the repository,
I have an SVN checkout in $HOME/wikipieda/pywikipedia and
it's included in $PYTHONPATH so all imports work.

(If somebody would like to store their code in the above repository,
just email me privately with your bitbucket ID).

//Saper

Re: Clean-up your homes

DaB.-2
Hello again,

short progress report: The situation was better arround Wednesday, but now the
situation is bad again (not as bad as at Monday, but still bad). You here is
the new who-uses-the-most-space-list:

3.0G    dispenser
3.1G    danny_b
3.6G    flacus
3.7G    hydriz
3.9G    rriver
4.9G    tparscal
5.1G    cbm
6.8G    werdna
7.8G    mjbmr
8.0G    hippietrail
8.4G    voj
8.7G    kolossos
9.6G    myst
11G     rsumi
12G     wikitanvir
13G     baptiste
17G     dschwen
44G     sk
61G     daniel
92G     grimlock

The projects-directory increased by 100GB (that's the lion-share of the
"bad"). So please if you run a MMP, please look at it too.

Sincerly,
DaB.

--
Userpage: [[:w:de:User:DaB.]] — PGP: 2B255885

Re: Clean-up your homes

Alex Brollo
Alebot and it's horrible 100Gby space wasting has disappeared from the list, I'm happy from this but it is all what I could do.
Isn't it possible to block user space at 1Gby? I'd like much more to be blocked in my user space, tnah to cause another time so big troubles - I guess other users do too.

Alex brollo

2011/9/9 DaB. <[hidden email]>
Hello again,

short progress report: The situation was better arround Wednesday, but now the
situation is bad again (not as bad as at Monday, but still bad). You here is
the new who-uses-the-most-space-list:

3.0G    dispenser
3.1G    danny_b
3.6G    flacus
3.7G    hydriz
3.9G    rriver
4.9G    tparscal
5.1G    cbm
6.8G    werdna
7.8G    mjbmr
8.0G    hippietrail
8.4G    voj
8.7G    kolossos
9.6G    myst
11G     rsumi
12G     wikitanvir
13G     baptiste
17G     dschwen
44G     sk
61G     daniel
92G     grimlock

The projects-directory increased by 100GB (that's the lion-share of the
"bad"). So please if you run a MMP, please look at it too.

Sincerly,
DaB.

--
Userpage: [[:w:de:User:DaB.]] — PGP: 2B255885

Re: Clean-up your homes

Marcin Cieslak-3
>> Alex Brollo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> --===============9015774349093925025==
>
> --001636416fa5e8017904ac989ba1
>
> Alebot and it's horrible 100Gby space wasting has disappeared from the list=
> ,
> I'm happy from this but it is all what I could do.
> Isn't it possible to block user space at 1Gby? I'd like much more to be
> blocked in my user space, tnah to cause another time so big troubles - I
> guess other users do too.

Why be blocked? Why there was so much space? If there were logs, maybe
we should put simple instructions for bot operators how to trim them?

//Saper

Re: Repositories for bot code

Dr. Trigon

Re: Repositories for bot code

Marcin Cieslak-3
>> Dr. Trigon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> There are additional files, according to my repo [1] and it is
> based on pywikipedia r8990 (not the newest one - which is important).
>
> [1] https://fisheye.toolserver.org/changelog/drtrigon
>
> So there are no changes to the files in r8990.
>
> is needed in order for the bot to work - and crutial to use to
> correct revision.

I extracted all files that are not there (there are
also some i18n differences).

bot_control.py
clean_user_sandbox.py
Doxyfile
dtbext
dtbext/dtbext_pywikibot
dtbext/dtbext_pywikibot/dtbext_exceptions.py
dtbext/dtbext_pywikibot/__init__.py
dtbext/dtbext_pywikibot/dtbext_textlib.py
dtbext/dtbext_pywikibot/__init__.pyc
dtbext/dtbext_basic.py
dtbext/__init__.py
dtbext/dtbext_userlib.py
dtbext/dtbext_wikipedia.py
dtbext/dtbext_date.py
script_wui.py
subster_irc.py
subster.py
sum_disc.py
tests
tests/dtbext_tester.py

Maybe the quick redirect code should be checked (I thing Page()
does not need to full get() to check for redirect), maybe
there should be a separate Section class in pywikipedia - are there are more
issues?

Btw. did you try to make your WUI code to work as the userinterface
(in "userinterfaces" directory)?

//Saper

Re: Repositories for bot code

Dr. Trigon

Re: Repositories for bot code

Marcin Cieslak-3
>> Dr. Trigon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Can you explain more clearly what you are doing at the moment?
> Please DO NOT CHANGE any code in my home!! :) (at least until we
> solved all issues!!)

I have checked out your code out of SVN and I am playing with it.
I don't think I have commit rights to your repository, so you
shouldn't worry.

I was just interested to know what are the issues with running your code
with the latest pywikipedia trunk and I just wanted to figure out why.

//Saper

Re: Repositories for bot code

Dr. Trigon

Re: Clean-up your homes

Stefan Kühn-3
Hello,

I (sk) have 44G and I am not happy about that. But when I scan the dumps
from many languages for the Templatetiger, then I need a space for the
results. At the moment I download and unzip the XML-Dumps under
/mnt/user-store/dump. The txt-files of the result are stored in my
home-directory. This will take alone 39G. User:Kolossos need the results
of the scan for the next step in the templatetiger-process.

It is a way to store the results under /mnt/user-store/sk ?

Stefan (sk)

Am 10.09.2011 18:15, schrieb Alex Brollo:

> Alebot and it's horrible 100Gby space wasting has disappeared from the
> list, I'm happy from this but it is all what I could do.
> Isn't it possible to block user space at 1Gby? I'd like much more to be
> blocked in my user space, tnah to cause another time so big troubles - I
> guess other users do too.
>
> Alex brollo
>
> 2011/9/9 DaB. <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>     Hello again,
>
>     short progress report: The situation was better arround Wednesday,
>     but now the
>     situation is bad again (not as bad as at Monday, but still bad). You
>     here is
>     the new who-uses-the-most-space-list:
>
>     3.0G    dispenser
>     3.1G    danny_b
>     3.6G    flacus
>     3.7G    hydriz
>     3.9G    rriver
>     4.9G    tparscal
>     5.1G    cbm
>     6.8G    werdna
>     7.8G    mjbmr
>     8.0G    hippietrail
>     8.4G    voj
>     8.7G    kolossos
>     9.6G    myst
>     11G     rsumi
>     12G     wikitanvir
>     13G     baptiste
>     17G     dschwen
>     44G     sk
>     61G     daniel
>     92G     grimlock
>
>     The projects-directory increased by 100GB (that's the lion-share of the
>     "bad"). So please if you run a MMP, please look at it too.
>
>     Sincerly,
>     DaB.
>
>     --
>     Userpage: [[:w:de:User:DaB.]] — PGP: 2B255885

Stefan Kühn
Neuländer Straße 34 / 01445 Radebeul
Privat: 0351-4107780 / Handy:  0163-2763261
Email: [hidden email] / Web: http://www.webkuehn.de

Re: Clean-up your homes

Marcin Cieslak-3
>> Stefan Kühn <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I (sk) have 44G and I am not happy about that. But when I scan the dumps
> from many languages for the Templatetiger, then I need a space for the
> results. At the moment I download and unzip the XML-Dumps under
> /mnt/user-store/dump. The txt-files of the result are stored in my
> home-directory. This will take alone 39G. User:Kolossos need the results
> of the scan for the next step in the templatetiger-process.

Maybe there is a way to work on compressed dumps?

//Saper

Re: Clean-up your homes

MZMcBride-2
Stefan Kühn wrote:
> I (sk) have 44G and I am not happy about that. But when I scan the dumps
> from many languages for the Templatetiger, then I need a space for the
> results. At the moment I download and unzip the XML-Dumps under
> /mnt/user-store/dump. The txt-files of the result are stored in my
> home-directory. This will take alone 39G. User:Kolossos need the results
> of the scan for the next step in the templatetiger-process.
>
> It is a way to store the results under /mnt/user-store/sk ?

I didn't really understand this post. Just tell the script to output the
results to /mnt/user-store/sk/results.txt. What's the problem?

MZMcBride