Closure of Kanuri Wikipedia

Johannes Rohr-2

The Kanuri Wikipedia has no page in article namespace other than the
main page. And even this page does not have even a single word in
Kanuri. Kanuri is a language spoken in Northern Nigeria. The closure
of this edition has been proposed on September 17 2006. A large
majority has spoken out in favour of closing this Wiki.

See
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Proposals_for_closing_projects/Closure_of_Kanuri_Wikipedia

I would like to declare the discussion closed and have the final
result announced and forwarded to the Board of Trustees. Since there
is no clear-cut policy for closing inactive projects, I thought that
it might be a good idea to ask on this list, whether there are any
objections to declaring the debate closed and announce the result,
which would be strong support to have this inactive project closed.

Thanks,

Johannes

--
http://www.infoe.de/

Re: Closure of Kanuri Wikipedia

daniwo59
Why not just lock it until someone expressed interest?

Danny

Re: Closure of Kanuri Wikipedia

Gerard Meijssen-3
Hoi,
Why not move it back to the Incubator. When it has build up enough steam in
this environment, it can be made a full wikipedia.
Thanks,
     GerardM

> Why not just lock it until someone expressed interest?
>
> Danny

Re: Closure of Kanuri Wikipedia

Johan Bos-2
Closing the debat seems fine. Just not leave it open. The incubator-proposal
seems fine, the  'just lock'-proposal also seems fine, just do anything, but
leaving it open would be a shame.

Jcb

GerardM schrieb:
> Hoi,
> Why not move it back to the Incubator. When it has build up enough steam in
> this environment, it can be made a full wikipedia.

Look at kr.wikipedia.org - after spam cleanup, it is completely empty.
It has no single page in article name space. So there is nothing to be
moved.

However, I was trying not to reopen the whole discussion here, rather I
hoped that I would receive the community's blessing or at least no firm
opposition to finally declaring the discussion about krwiki closed.
Again, the discussion is here:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Proposals_for_closing_projects/Closure_of_Kanuri_Wikipedia

Would list subscribers agree that this discussion can be closed and that
  the final result would be that his edition should be closed?

Thanks,

Johannes

Re: Closure of Kanuri Wikipedia

KIZU Naoko
Seconded.

On 4/30/07, Johan Bos <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Closing the debat seems fine. Just not leave it open. The incubator-proposal
> seems fine, the  'just lock'-proposal also seems fine, just do anything, but
> leaving it open would be a shame.
>
> Jcb

KIZU Naoko
  Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org
  * habent enim emolumentum in labore suo *