Collapse/wipe revision history?

Jeff Lane
In Mediawiki 1.3 and 1.4, you could "wipe" revision history reasonably
easily. You just wipe the single MySQL table (mw_old), flush the
objectcache, and previous revisions of the entire wiki were blown away.
Any links into history items were dynamically rebuilt during subsequent
accesses.

Is there a way to do this in 1.5.X or 1.6.X? We'd like to do this when
we take sites that have been in development internally and put them into
production with a "clean slate" with no trace of all of the test
revisions.

Re: Collapse/wipe revision history?

Rob Church
On 19/04/06, Jeff Lane <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In Mediawiki 1.3 and 1.4, you could "wipe" revision history reasonably
> easily. You just wipe the single MySQL table (mw_old), flush the
> objectcache, and previous revisions of the entire wiki were blown away.
> Any links into history items were dynamically rebuilt during subsequent
> accesses.
>
> Is there a way to do this in 1.5.X or 1.6.X? We'd like to do this when
> we take sites that have been in development internally and put them into
> production with a "clean slate" with no trace of all of the test
> revisions.

Make a backup, and then take a look at maintenance/deleteOldRevisions.php.

Rob Church

Re: Collapse/wipe revision history?

Jeff Lane
Thanks Rob, we'll check that out.

Bugzilla from sy1234@gmail.com
On 4/19/06, Rob Church <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Make a backup, and then take a look at maintenance/deleteOldRevisions.php.

$ php deleteOldRevisions.php  --delete

<snip>
Function:
Error: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual
that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to
use near ' 13590, 13591, 4823, 6713, 10519, 4734, 6625, 10430, 12169,
111 (localhost)

Backtrace:
GlobalFunctions.php line 450 calls wfbacktrace()
Database.php line 397 calls wfdebugdiebacktrace()
Database.php line 347 calls databasemysql::reportqueryerror()
purgeOldText.inc line 40 calls databasemysql::query()
deleteOldRevisions.inc line 55 calls purgeredundanttext()
deleteOldRevisions.php line 20 calls deleteoldrevisions()

read_config_store open failure on /var/net-snmp/snmpapp.conf
read_config_store open failure on /var/net-snmp/snmpapp.conf
read_config_store open failure on /var/net-snmp/snmpapp.conf

----

(I don't have access to view /var/net-snmp/)
MediaWiki 1.5.7

However, it seems to have worked.. and the wiki is up and running just
fine, so I'm not sure if I need to restore from backups or not.

Ideas?