Combine semantic maps query an an polygon

Combine semantic maps query an an polygon

Ralf Hagenbuck-2
Hi,
today I tried a query to some SemanticMaps coordinates I have in  a  wiki and combine it with the Extension:Maps polygons= parameter

{{#ask:[[Kategorie:Ust]]
|?Koordinaten
|format=openlayers
|layers=osm-mapnik
|resizable=yes
|polygons=51.49245310,6.621274500:
51.49322900,6.622207500:
51.49690310,6.626385500:
51.49754280,6.627016200:
51.49800790,6.627527300:
51.49866970,6.628270600:
~TEXT~ ~#0B4173~ ~ ~#3373CC
}}

It shows all my coordinates but it looks like it ignores the polygon. Is this possible somehow? It would be very nice to show some boundary and if results are in or outside of that.

Re: Combine semantic maps query an an polygon

Jeroen De Dauw-2
Hey,

Polygons are working in the latest version of Maps.
https://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Maps_examples/Google_Maps_shapes

What version of Maps are you using?

Cheers

--
Jeroen De Dauw - http://www.bn2vs.com
Software craftsmanship advocate

Re: Combine semantic maps query an an polygon

Cavila Contrafibularity
Well, you can't mix the syntax of those parser functions just like that, of course.

There's an enhancement request for polygons and such at https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMaps/issues/17. It differs from your question in that it specifically asks for geoshapes to be stored 'semantically' (as property values) or otherwise,* while your example shows that you want them to be added adhoc just as would be the case with the Maps extension. Maybe that's easier for devs to implement in the shorter run, but I'm not sure if it's the way to go. Anyone?

Cav

* FWIW. In the context of Wikidata, there has been some discussion and speculation about the creation of a new datatype for geoshapes (which could be useful for SMW/SM), about support for geo-files such as KML and about alternatives such as using a separate geo-database (which would be less relevant for SM): see https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T57549. But maybe it will do for now to store coordinates with a property of datatype 'Code'?

> Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 16:14:47 +0100
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [Semediawiki-user] Combine semantic maps query an an polygon
>
> Hi,
> today I tried a query to some SemanticMaps coordinates I have in  a  wiki and combine it with the Extension:Maps polygons= parameter
>
> {{#ask:[[Kategorie:Ust]]
> |?Koordinaten
> |format=openlayers
> |layers=osm-mapnik
> |resizable=yes
> |polygons=51.49245310,6.621274500:
> 51.49322900,6.622207500:
> 51.49690310,6.626385500:
> 51.49754280,6.627016200:
> 51.49800790,6.627527300:
> 51.49866970,6.628270600:
> ~TEXT~ ~#0B4173~ ~ ~#3373CC
> }}
>
> It shows all my coordinates but it looks like it ignores the polygon. Is this possible somehow? It would be very nice to show some boundary and if results are in or outside of that.

Re: Combine semantic maps query an an polygon

Jeroen De Dauw-2
Hey,

> Well, you can't mix the syntax of those parser functions just like that,
of course.

Oh, my bad. I did not realize this was about an #ask call :)

Cheers