Commons Picture of the Year competition - translation requests

Commons Picture of the Year competition - translation requests

Brianna Laugher
Hello,

I'm writing to request help translating info for the Wikimedia Commons
Picture of the Year competition for 2007.  We consider this
competition is for the whole Wikimedia community so providing
translations is important to us.

Translation strings and info is all here:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Picture_of_the_Year/2007/Translations

Round 1 starts on 10 January so we still have a few more weeks, but we
don't want to leave everything to the last minute.

German, French and Spanish are almost complete or complete. We
especially want these languages:

Polski
Italiano
日本語 [Chinese]
Русский
中文 [Japanese]
Svenska
Português
‪Norsk (bokmål)‬
Suomi

Other languages besides these are ALSO WELCOME.

For voting we are using custom software on the toolserver, you can
test it out here:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Picture_of_the_Year/2007/Voting

If there are any questions please just ask me.

thanks,
Brianna
user:pfctdayelise

http://modernthings.org/

Re: Commons Picture of the Year competition - translation requests

Tom Ka Chun Chiu
You have got Chinese and Japanese swapped:
* 中文 (Chinese)
* 日本語 (Japanese)

Tom

2007/11/29, Brianna Laugher <[hidden email]>:
[...]

Best Regards
Tom Chiu
mailto: [hidden email]
http://www.mimosapudica.org

On 30/11/2007, Tom Ka Chun Chiu <[hidden email]> wrote:
> You have got Chinese and Japanese swapped:
> * 中文 (Chinese)
> * 日本語 (Japanese)
>
> Tom

ARGH. That's what I get for using a computer that doesn't even render
CJK fonts, to annotate. :)

If I thought about it for > 2 seconds I would have realised they were
around the wrong way. D'oh.

thanks,
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/

Re: Commons Picture of the Year competition - translation requests

Tom Ka Chun Chiu
When editing multilingual text, I usually have SC Unipad prepared to view the details of text that cannot be read.