Commons media archives

WikiMedia Commons mailing list
Dear ones,

Where might I get or mirror a dump of Commons media files?

> It seems worth mentioning on the front page of https://dumps.wikimedia.org/

> It looks like the compressed XML of the ~50M description pages is ~25GB.

> It looks like wiki-team set up a dump script that posted monthly dumps to the internet archive; in 2013 it stopped include the month+year in the title; in 2016 it stopped altogether.

Re: Commons media archives

WikiMedia Commons mailing list
Samuel Klein via Commons-l, 24/05/19 00:09:
> Where might I get or mirror a dump of Commons media files?

From
https://archive.org/details/wikimediacommons
(updated irregularly; if someone wants to help so that I'm not the
single bottleneck, let me know!).

We also have a link to torrents to seed in
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Emijrp/Wikipedia_Archive

Federico

Re: Commons media archives

WikiMedia Commons mailing list
Is there one more recent than 2016?

On Fri., May 24, 2019, 5:48 p.m. Federico Leva (Nemo), <[hidden email]> wrote:
Samuel Klein via Commons-l, 24/05/19 00:09:
> Where might I get or mirror a dump of Commons media files?

From
https://archive.org/details/wikimediacommons
(updated irregularly; if someone wants to help so that I'm not the
single bottleneck, let me know!).

We also have a link to torrents to seed in
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Emijrp/Wikipedia_Archive

Federico

Re: Commons media archives

WikiMedia Commons mailing list