Quantcast

Conditional rows in template tables

Christian Willmes
Hello,

I have some templates displaying data in tables.

Now I want rows of the tables only shown, if the property for the row is
set.

I tried the "tricks" given in this documetnation:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Conditional_tables

But none of them worked for me.

Can you maybe point me to a "real world" example, where this is
implemented and working in a (semantic) mediawiki?

Example template:

{| class="wikitable"
! Age
| [[Age::{{{Age|}}}]]
|-
! Standard Deviation
| [[AgeSD::{{{Standard Deviation|}}}]]
|-
! Method
| [[Method::{{{Method|}}}]]
|-
! Sample
| [[Sample::{{{Sample|}}}]]
|-
! LabCode
| [[LabCode::{{{LabCode|}}}]]
|-
! Notes
| [[Notes::{{{Notes|}}}]]
|}

Sometimes properties are not set, in this case I want the complete table
row for that property not shown.
This must be a common problem (?), but I did not found good examples yet...

Thank you very much,
Christian

--
Christian Willmes (Public-Key ID: 0x2FA87ED4)
AG GIS & Fernerkundung      | GIS & RS Group

Re: Conditional rows in template tables

andys
If you take a look here :

http://www.childrenarewelcome.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Template:Venuej&action=edit

I have one set up as an html style infobox that you should be able to use as an example. You can see that there is a lot of conditional rows ("<table style" to </table> is the relevant part)

Andy

On 26/06/2014 11:56, Christian Willmes [via Wikimedia] wrote:
Hello,

I have some templates displaying data in tables.

Now I want rows of the tables only shown, if the property for the row is
set.

I tried the "tricks" given in this documetnation:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Conditional_tables

But none of them worked for me.

Can you maybe point me to a "real world" example, where this is
implemented and working in a (semantic) mediawiki?

Example template:

{| class="wikitable"
! Age
| [[Age::{{{Age|}}}]]
|-
! Standard Deviation
| [[AgeSD::{{{Standard Deviation|}}}]]
|-
! Method
| [[Method::{{{Method|}}}]]
|-
! Sample
| [[Sample::{{{Sample|}}}]]
|-
! LabCode
| [[LabCode::{{{LabCode|}}}]]
|-
! Notes
| [[Notes::{{{Notes|}}}]]
|}

Sometimes properties are not set, in this case I want the complete table
row for that property not shown.
This must be a common problem (?), but I did not found good examples yet...

Thank you very much,
Christian

--
Christian Willmes (Public-Key ID: 0x2FA87ED4)
AG GIS & Fernerkundung      | GIS & RS Group
Geographisches Institut     | Institute of Geography
Universität zu Köln         | University of Cologne
Tel.: +49 (0)221 470 6234
Fax.: +49 (0)221 470 2280
http://www.geographie.uni-koeln.de/willmes-christian.695.en.html
http://www.sfb806.de
http://crc806db.uni-koeln.de

http://wikimedia.7.x6.nabble.com/Conditional-rows-in-template-tables-tp5030941.html
To start a new topic under Semantic Mediawiki - User, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Semantic Mediawiki - User, click here.
NAML

Re: Conditional rows in template tables

Christian Willmes-2
Hi Andy,

thank you very much, but I do not see the template because I get
redirected to the startpage.
Can you maybe paste the code here?

Thanks,
Christian

http://wikimedia.7.x6.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Re: Conditional rows in template tables

andys
Apologies! I forgot that we locked it down. Here you go :) .

{{#if:{{{Town|}}}|<tr>
{{#if:{{{County|}}}|<tr>
{{#if:{{{PostCode|}}}|<tr>
{{#if:{{{Telephone|}}}|<tr>
{{#if:{{{Email|}}}|<tr>
{{#if:{{{url|}}}|<tr>
{{#if:{{{Group|}}}|<tr>
{{#ifeq: {{#show: {{PAGENAME}} | ?Category:Hotels #-}} | true |[[File:Avaires.png|center|link={{{url}}}]]|{{#ifeq: {{#show: {{PAGENAME}} | ?Category:Days out #-}} | true |[[File:Avaires.png|center|link={{{url}}}]]|}}}}</td>

Andy

http://wikimedia.7.x6.nabble.com/Conditional-rows-in-template-tables-tp5030941p5030962.html
To start a new topic under Semantic Mediawiki - User, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Semantic Mediawiki - User, click here.
NAML

Re: Conditional rows in template tables

Tom Hutchison
Christian

Going to assume you have the ParserFunctions Extension installed and working? https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ParserFunctions

What is the code you tried? This?

{| class="infobox"

{{#if:{{{foo|}}}|

{{!}}-

! Foo

{{!}} {{{foo}}}

}}

|-

! Bar

| {{{bar}}}

|}

It works just fine. You do have a Template page called !

Template:!

With a |

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:!

So...

<includeonly>

{| class="infobox"

{{#if:{{{Age|}}}|

! Age

{{!}} [[Age::{{{Age|}}}]]

{{!}}-

}}

{{#if:{{{Standard Deviation|}}}|

! Standard Deviation

{{!}} [[AgeSD::{{{Standard Deviation|}}}]]

{{!}}-

}}

|}

</includeonly>

Tom

http://wikimedia.7.x6.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml> http://wikimedia.7.x6.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

> Sent from the Semantic Mediawiki - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

>  <http://p.sf.net/sfu/Bonitasoft> http://p.sf.net/sfu/Bonitasoft

 <http://p.sf.net/sfu/Bonitasoft> http://p.sf.net/sfu/Bonitasoft

Re: Conditional rows in template tables

Christian Willmes-2
Thank you Tom and Andy, I got it working now with your help.
My problem was/is "curly braces blindness" I guess... ^^

Does someone know, if there is a syntaxhighlighting plugin for mediawiki
template syntax for some editor available? :)

Thanks,
Christian

Am 26.06.2014 16:45, schrieb [hidden email]:

> Christian
>

> Going to assume you have the ParserFunctions Extension installed and working? https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ParserFunctions
>

> What is the code you tried? This?
>

> {| class="infobox"
>
> {{#if:{{{foo|}}}|
>
> {{!}}-
>
> ! Foo
>
> {{!}} {{{foo}}}
>
> }}
>
> |-
>
> ! Bar
>
> | {{{bar}}}
>
> |}
>

> It works just fine. You do have a Template page called !
>
> Template:!
>
> With a |
>
> See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:!
>

> So...
>

> <includeonly>
>
> {| class="infobox"
>
> {{#if:{{{Age|}}}|
>
> ! Age
>
> {{!}} [[Age::{{{Age|}}}]]
>
> {{!}}-
>
> }}
>
> {{#if:{{{Standard Deviation|}}}|
>
> ! Standard Deviation
>
> {{!}} [[AgeSD::{{{Standard Deviation|}}}]]
>
> {{!}}-
>
> }}

> |}
>
> </includeonly>
>

> Tom

Cavila Contrafibularity
There's https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SyntaxHighlight_GeSHi
or pick your choice: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Category:Syntax_highlighting_extensions

Cav

> From: [hidden email]
> Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 13:55:54 +0200
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Semediawiki-user] Conditional rows in template tables
>
> Thank you Tom and Andy, I got it working now with your help.
> My problem was/is "curly braces blindness" I guess... ^^
>
> Does someone know, if there is a syntaxhighlighting plugin for mediawiki
> template syntax for some editor available? :)
>
> Thanks,
> Christian
>
> Am 26.06.2014 16:45, schrieb [hidden email]:
> > Christian
> >

> > Going to assume you have the ParserFunctions Extension installed and working? https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ParserFunctions
> >

> > What is the code you tried? This?
> >

> > {| class="infobox"
> >
> > {{#if:{{{foo|}}}|
> >
> > {{!}}-
> >
> > ! Foo
> >
> > {{!}} {{{foo}}}
> >
> > }}
> >
> > |-
> >
> > ! Bar
> >
> > | {{{bar}}}
> >
> > |}
> >

> > It works just fine. You do have a Template page called !
> >
> > Template:!
> >
> > With a |
> >
> > See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:!
> >

> > So...
> >

> > <includeonly>
> >
> > {| class="infobox"
> >
> > {{#if:{{{Age|}}}|
> >
> > ! Age
> >
> > {{!}} [[Age::{{{Age|}}}]]
> >
> > {{!}}-
> >
> > }}
> >
> > {{#if:{{{Standard Deviation|}}}|
> >
> > ! Standard Deviation
> >
> > {{!}} [[AgeSD::{{{Standard Deviation|}}}]]
> >
> > {{!}}-
> >
> > }}

> > |}
> >
> > </includeonly>