Configuring the sidebar

diego assis
Hi everyone, at first i'd like you to sorry my terrible english... if you
don't understand something I say, please tell me :)
I'm writing this e-mail to ask for help in the configuration of the sidebar
of mediawiki. I have modified it with success, editing the page
MediaWiki:SideBar. The changes are almost perfect, it just there is one
defect: when I go to the main page, the modifications I've done disapear...
it only hapens at the main page.
Could somebody help me? The version of mediawiki that I'm using is 1.5.6

Very thanks,
--
Diego Machado de Assis

Re: Configuring the sidebar

diego assis
Hi again... very sorry to all... I've already fixed my bug: it was just that
the browser was showing a chached main page X)
Sorry, sorry, sorry... I know how is disgusting to recieve stupid e-mails. I
promisse I'll pay more attention before send another mail...

Sorry, bye!!!!
--
Diego Machado de Assis

On 2/24/06, diego assis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone, at first i'd like you to sorry my terrible english... if you
> don't understand something I say, please tell me :)
> I'm writing this e-mail to ask for help in the configuration of the
> sidebar of mediawiki. I have modified it with success, editing the page
> MediaWiki:SideBar. The changes are almost perfect, it just there is one
> defect: when I go to the main page, the modifications I've done disapear...
> it only hapens at the main page.
> Could somebody help me? The version of mediawiki that I'm using is 1.5.6
>
> Very thanks,
> --
> Diego Machado de Assis

Re: Configuring the sidebar

Victoria Powers
Wow, don't be so hard on yourself.  That is what this mailing list is for. I'm sure others have run into the same issue and will learn from your emails.

-V

Hi again... very sorry to all... I've already fixed my bug: it was just that
the browser was showing a chached main page X)
Sorry, sorry, sorry... I know how is disgusting to recieve stupid e-mails. I
promisse I'll pay more attention before send another mail...

Sorry, bye!!!!
--
Diego Machado de Assis

On 2/24/06, diego assis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone, at first i'd like you to sorry my terrible english... if you
> don't understand something I say, please tell me :)
> I'm writing this e-mail to ask for help in the configuration of the
> sidebar of mediawiki. I have modified it with success, editing the page
> MediaWiki:SideBar. The changes are almost perfect, it just there is one
> defect: when I go to the main page, the modifications I've done disapear...
> it only hapens at the main page.
> Could somebody help me? The version of mediawiki that I'm using is 1.5.6
>
> Very thanks,
> --
> Diego Machado de Assis

Re: Configuring the sidebar

Rob Church
Append ?action=purge to the URL in the address bar and hit enter. This
will purge MediaWiki's internal cache and update the page.

Rob Church

On 24/02/06, diego assis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone, at first i'd like you to sorry my terrible english... if you
> don't understand something I say, please tell me :)
> I'm writing this e-mail to ask for help in the configuration of the sidebar
> of mediawiki. I have modified it with success, editing the page
> MediaWiki:SideBar. The changes are almost perfect, it just there is one
> defect: when I go to the main page, the modifications I've done disapear...
> it only hapens at the main page.
> Could somebody help me? The version of mediawiki that I'm using is 1.5.6
>
> Very thanks,
> --
> Diego Machado de Assis

Re: Configuring the sidebar

diego assis
thank you all... I promisse I'll pay more attention next time!!!

Bye,

On 2/24/06, Rob Church <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Append ?action=purge to the URL in the address bar and hit enter. This
> will purge MediaWiki's internal cache and update the page.
>

> Rob Church
>
> On 24/02/06, diego assis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi everyone, at first i'd like you to sorry my terrible english... if
> you
> > don't understand something I say, please tell me :)
> > I'm writing this e-mail to ask for help in the configuration of the
> sidebar
> > of mediawiki. I have modified it with success, editing the page
> > MediaWiki:SideBar. The changes are almost perfect, it just there is one
> > defect: when I go to the main page, the modifications I've done
> disapear...
> > it only hapens at the main page.
> > Could somebody help me? The version of mediawiki that I'm using is 1.5.6
> >
> > Very thanks,
> > --
> > Diego Machado de Assis

Re: Configuring the sidebar

Jan Steinman
> From: "Victoria Powers" <[hidden email]>
>
> Wow, don't be so hard on yourself.  That is what this mailing list
> is for. I'm sure others have run into the same issue and will learn
> from your emails.

I agree, Diego! Sometimes I find that simply writing out my question
helps me figure out the answer, but sometimes it take READING the
question on the list, and thinking, "Oh, I could help that guy!" :-)

BTW: your English is better than that of most native speakers!

:::: Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives
people harder than a fear of sudden death. -- Adolf Hitler
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>