Conservapedia : news story on Radio 4 Today (2007-03-07)

Conservapedia : news story on Radio 4 Today (2007-03-07)

Gordon Joly

0816 Evangelical Christians in the U.S are arguing that online
encyclopedia Wikipedia too much of a liberal bias. We speak to Andy
Schlafly who has now set up Conservapedia as an alternative and Jim
Redmond who's an editor and administrator for Wikipedia.

Current quote from:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/today/listenagain/

With audio (no transcripts).

Gordo

--
"Think Feynman"/////////
http://pobox.com/~gordo/

Re: Conservapedia : news story on Radio 4 Today (2007-03-07)

Gordon Joly
At 10:49 +0000 7/3/07, Gordon Joly wrote:

>0816 Evangelical Christians in the U.S are arguing that online
>encyclopedia Wikipedia too much of a liberal bias. We speak to Andy
>Schlafly who has now set up Conservapedia as an alternative and Jim
>Redmond who's an editor and administrator for Wikipedia.
>

>Current quote from:
>
>http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/today/listenagain/
>
>With audio (no transcripts).
>
>Gordo

Links:

http://www.conservapedia.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservapedia

Andy Schlafly said that the Wikipeia article above had been deleted.

Gordo

--
"Think Feynman"/////////
http://pobox.com/~gordo/
[hidden email]///

Re: Conservapedia : news story on Radio 4 Today (2007-03-07)

Chris McKenna
On Wed, 7 Mar 2007, Gordon Joly wrote:

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservapedia
>
> Andy Schlafly said that the Wikipeia article above had been deleted.
>
> Gordo

He was using a technique beloved of POV-pushers - telling a half truth.
The article was deleted in December after an AfD discussion determined it
failed WP:WEB for lacking multiple non-trivial references. As stated in
the interview the user who deleted it was Nearly Headless Nick [the
username is probably a Harry Potter reference].
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Conservapedia

It was reposted several times on the 22nd of February, speedily deleted
each time under cirterion G4 as a repost of material deleted after an AfD
discussion. The page was protected deleted later the same day.

A deletion review ran from 25th February to 4th March, the outcome of
which was that the userspace draft was moved to article space and the
delted history restored beneath it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Deletion_review/Log/2007_February_25

I don't know how much preparation time the person speaking for Wikipedia
had, but I'm surpised they didn't mention this.

Chris

--
Chris 'Awkward' McKenna

[hidden email]
www.sucs.org/~cmckenna

but with the heart

Antoine de Saint Exupery

At 12:17 +0000 7/3/07, Chris McKenna wrote:

>On Wed, 7 Mar 2007, Gordon Joly wrote:
>
>  >
>  > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservapedia
>>
>>  Andy Schlafly said that the Wikipeia article above had been deleted.
>>
>>  Gordo
>>

>He was using a technique beloved of POV-pushers - telling a half truth.
>The article was deleted in December after an AfD discussion determined it
>failed WP:WEB for lacking multiple non-trivial references. As stated in
>the interview the user who deleted it was Nearly Headless Nick [the
>username is probably a Harry Potter reference].
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Conservapedia
>
>It was reposted several times on the 22nd of February, speedily deleted
>each time under cirterion G4 as a repost of material deleted after an AfD
>discussion. The page was protected deleted later the same day.
>
>A deletion review ran from 25th February to 4th March, the outcome of
>which was that the userspace draft was moved to article space and the
>delted history restored beneath it.
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Deletion_review/Log/2007_February_25
>
>I don't know how much preparation time the person speaking for Wikipedia
>had, but I'm surpised they didn't mention this.
>
>Chris

Thanks Chris. The Wikipedia speaker was Jim Redmond.

Gordo

--
"Think Feynman"/////////
http://pobox.com/~gordo/